[SOLVED] rm -rf not working on driectory (directory not empty)

Go to solution Solved by Arcau,

Attempting to remove the old UrBackup share I made and it has removed most of the data, however the actual share and folder structure still remain. 

I have rebooted thinking maybe some .fuse files were hanging around a reboot usually clears them out. 

Have attempted to move the share to a single disk. 

attempted in winscp and got the same error. 

mc gives the error

then using rm -rf /mnt/user/UrBackup gives the same 

rmdir also did not work

image.png.5e01f1dccf5088ff9eb5bd2767f3b42d.png

ANY help at all on this would be so appreciated. I really want to remove the share cleanly. If I dont find a nice way to do it I may end up nuking the whole server and rebuilding in True Nas Scale for ZFS while im at it :P JK but do wish unraid had easy ZFS already. 

TIA

image.png

Edited by Arcau
  • Solution

Sorry for the late reply to this. 

So @John_M I attempted the explicit delete and got the same error, I tried it with find and get the structure needs cleaning error

So stopped the array put into maintenance mode, did the XFS_Repair and was then able to delete it. 

@itimpi Sorry I really should know better having worked help desk ended up managing to figure it out with the guidance of John though. 

Thanks

• Arcau changed the title to [SOLVED] rm -rf not working on driectory (directory not empty)