Quick help

I am trying to get a pcie vga card and a sata raid card working on my computer. I know the video card is in good working order and the raid card is new, when I boot the computer, bios doesn't detect the raid card but vga card works fine, when booting into unraid, video output is all a mess

Am I looking at faulty pcie lanes or just some type of bios not configured properly 

Thanks

20220611_201049.jpg

So to update people on the problems. the usb drive was so badly corrupted that i was getting checksum errors on boot, when it did boot, drives were not in a bool, and drives that were originally reporting fine had errors. I was able to recover the unraid usb drive and everything OS wise is working fine. about the Adaptec 71605, i don't know what i am doing wrong, on system boot i do not get any bios reading from the card. I have also put in a rocket RAID 2720, both cards have a HDD connected to them and i get no readings from them. 

I am running a 4790K on a Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK running the latest bios update. i have had the rocket raid card working once under unraid on a different system, but the last time i put the card in the same pc, i had no reading from it. I have read online that raid cards need to be setup as UEFI bios boot and not legacy boot in the pc bios/UEFI, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't the cards plug and play or do they really need setting up to work

1 hour ago, crash987_9 said:

about the Adaptec 71605, i don't know what i am doing wrong, on system boot i do not get any bios reading from the card. I have also put in a rocket RAID 2720, both cards have a HDD connected to them and i get no readings from them. 

You can post the diagnostics after booting with one or the other, or both, that way we can at least see if the controllers are being detected and initialized correctly.

• 4 weeks later...