[Solved] Parity updated 34 times to address sync errors.

unRAID Server Pro version: 4.7

Hi guys

I had an issue whilst rebooting my server and had to switch of the server using the power button several times to restart. I had a problem with one of my 8 port sata cards and the server was hanging at boot. (fixed now)

The parity check has completed with no errors showing in the right column on the unRaid menu but i am showing 34 sync errors.

I have searched the forum for information on this but i am still unclear on what I should do at this point. Any advice would be appreciated.

Should i re run parity check again

Run reiserfsck

Thank you

Syslog attached

34_errors.txt

The 34 sync errors are probably because of the unclean shutdown.  You will have to run a correcting check to get everything back in sync.

Thanks prostuff1

I thought the default parity check was correcting? If the correcting check is a different option where do I find it?

The 34 sync errors are probably because of the unclean shutdown.  You will have to run a correcting check to get everything back in sync.

Thanks prostuff1

I thought the default parity check was correcting? If the correcting check is a different option where do I find it?

crap, you are correct.  I did not pay attention to the version of unRAID you were running (I am running 5.0b and I kind of assumed you were).  Anyway, the sync errors were still likely related to the unclean shutdown.  I would run another parity check and there should NOT be any errors found this time around.

Hi

I have run the parity check again and i have the same messages

Unraid main ..  (Last checked on 5/24/2011 11:50:04 AM, finding 34 errors.) But I have no errors showing in the right hand errors column

In mymain ..STARTED, 18 disks in array.    Parity is Valid:.  Last parity check < 1 day ago .  Parity updated  34  times to address sync errors. 

I'm a little confused, have the sync errors been corrected?

Syslog attached 

Thank you

syslog-2011-05-24.txt