【Docker Port Question】Why can't we connect nextcloud to external databases?

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP

I was playing with NC and FileRun and encoutered the same problem in both those dockers. So i don't think it's NC related.

1217409802_Screenshot2022-07-07at16-28-01NetNas_UpdateContainer.thumb.png.447ae13c054a2daff73b2987e0d16e4a.png

When the network type is changed to custom:br an given a different ip, it cannot connect to the database. Still, the ip's are within the same subnet. It does not matter if the databasehost is changed to localhost or 123.456.7.89 .

To make it more rare, the problem only exists in my backup server. The NC docker on my main server is configured with custom network type. Both servers running unraid 6.9.2.

What am i doing wrong? Please, enlighten me.

Edited by Aran
  • 1 year later...
On 7/7/2022 at 7:47 PM, primeval_god said:

If the containers are on the same custom bridge network (not the default bridge) then you should be able to use the container name as the database host. Custom bridge networks have an internal DNS mapping for each container so containers can reference each other by name.

That was it for me, thank you!