Cannot locate my online flash backup

Greetings everyone,

In a bit of a bind... I attempted to upgrade to 6.10.3 this evening and upon boot, this error came up:

Loading /bzimage..
failed: No such file or directory

I have no backup of the flashdrive locally. (I know, totally my fault) 

I logged into My Servers via my pc and I cannot locate any of the backup files for my server.  I know that I did enable it.

All I see is the download key option.

Any ideas?  Thanks

Edited by Glonch

I was able to recover everything…

My Hail Mary:

Took a new flash drive that worked, copied all of the files to another new flash drive (Kensington)…

Then took my original drive that wouldn’t boot and copied all of the files from it to the Kensington drive, overwriting duplicates. 

Booted the Kensington drive and it loaded correctly. Just had to update the GUID, logout/in of My Servers.  All dockers and drives are running perfectly. Was able to download a zip of flash drive via My Servers and took a screenshot of the drive layout for extra protection…

I’ll never not do a backup of the flash drive again… lesson learned. 

Ya, I can't seem to be able to make a backup online either, it says "Flash backup unavailable".

Also, same thing for me, well sort of, I updated my server and after that it would not boot, I would get a black screen as soon as the bios hands it off to the usb.

After some testing, what finally "worked" for me, is..

Power down server

Remove UNRAID USB boot drive

Power on server

Once in the bios, insert the UNRAID USB boot drive

I then went to change the full screen logon "ON" or whatever to "disabled"

Save the settings and exit  (this causes the computer to shut down and restart on it's own)

This time, I see the UNRAID boot menu and it boots normally

Thanks

Edited by BalouBougon
A few mistakes
6 hours ago, Glonch said:

Any ideas?  Thanks

Followed these instructions and it worked in minutes. (if you haven't figured it out yet, this might help)

1. Navigate to Settings -> Management Access -> My Servers and under Flash backup click the Activate button.

2. Wait for the activation and initial backup job to complete (once done, it will show Activated: Up-to-date.

Thanks - but I had done that process a while back but it appears it didn't take.  So, I had no way of downloading a backup.

As I mentioned above, I was able to manually recover via a new stick and coping over from the old stick.  Not an official way of doing it, but it worked.  

On 6/15/2022 at 5:31 AM, Glonch said:

Thanks - but I had done that process a while back but it appears it didn't take.  So, I had no way of downloading a backup.

Glad your system is back up and running, let's get the backup going too.

Go to Settings -> Management Access -> My Servers and press "Reinitialize". This should give you a fresh backup. Give it a few minutes, then go to the My Servers Dashboard:

https://forums.unraid.net/my-servers/

and you should be able to "Generate Flash Backup". 

If not, send me a PM with the /var/log/gitflash file from your server. The easiest way to get it is to open a web terminal and type:

cp /var/log/gitflash /boot

Then attach the gitflash file from the root of your flash drive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 4:12 AM, BalouBougon said:

Followed these instructions and it worked in minutes. (if you haven't figured it out yet, this might help)

1. Navigate to Settings -> Management Access -> My Servers and under Flash backup click the Activate button.

2. Wait for the activation and initial backup job to complete (once done, it will show Activated: Up-to-date.

Good on the UNRAID folks for great documentation!