Server inaccessible after upgrading to 6.10.3 and after rollback to 6.9.2

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Last night, I attempted to update my unraid installation to 6.10.3 from 6.10.2. After attempting a reboot, the Unraid GUI never became available. Unraid was booting fine and I could log into the server directly, but was not able to access it via the webui. I cannot ping the server IP from other machines on my network. However, in my router, I do see the server connected with the proper IP address.

In an effort to get back into a good state, I took the following steps:

1. powered down the server
  2. removed the usb drive
  3. mounted the usb drive on another machine
  4. copied the config directory to the local disk on that machine
  5. reformatted the usb key
  6. followed the manual usb key preparation process for 6.9.2 (a version I know works well for me)
  7. copied my config directory back to the usb drive
  8. reinserted the usb drive in my server
  9. booted the server

After following the above steps, I am still seeing the same symptoms: I cannot access the server over the network.

I've attached the output of the diagnostics command (after rolling back to 6.9.2). Any suggestions on what to try next would be greatly appreciated!

nas1-diagnostics-20220615-0910.zip

I am not sure if it was enabling DHCP (I never had it enabled before) or rebooting my router again, but I was finally able to log in and start the array on 6.9.2. Not sure what happened, as I had not changed any network configuration recently but it seems to be working now.

Edited by bmallin
  • Like 1