Cache Pool disk 1 of 2 (BTRFS R0) Won't Assign without Wipe

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello unraid community! I'm in need of some help. I had two identical 1TB SSDs as my BTFS cache (raid0...iknow stupid - kicking myself was trying to maximize the storage and ease of use). I had to reboot the server to do a BIOS update, and my PCI NVME controller card upon reboot was not setup in the BIOS for bifurcation mode and one of those SSDs did not appear during unraid start up. I immediately shutdown and realized the problem, fixed the bifurcation so both SSDs appeared, however the pool stopped recognizing that other drive in the pool. Its lets me add it back in, but i says its going to be wiped (see attached screenshots). Any suggestions?

After this I'll definitely be setting up two separate single cache pools with these drives..

Unraid 6.9.2

Supermicro X10DRL-i

Xeon E5-2620v3

Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 PCIe Add-On Card

atboot.jpg

attempt_to_assign.jpg

hyperion-diagnostics-20220616-0817.zip

• Solution

If Docker/VM services are using the cache pool disable them, unassign all cache devices, start array to make Unraid "forget" current cache config, stop array, reassign all cache devices (there can't be an "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started" warning for any cache device), re-enable Docker/VMs if needed, start array.