[Support] binhex - Crafty-4

28 minutes ago, binhex said:

No auto update built into crafty 4 as far as I can tell, you would have to do upgrade manually

maybe i can use some script and use it in shedule part in prog or better to wait when they will make it in crafty4

can you point for some update script maybe 

i found some but not checked yet ...

https://github.com/mcotterman/minecraft_bedrock_service

https://www.reddit.com/r/MCPE/comments/aniveu/automatically_update_bedrock_dedicated_server_for/

On 6/24/2022 at 5:50 AM, NLS said:

Will actually need some help from someone...

I got that dreadful pizza floodbot trojan recently and it made me get kicked from crafty discord. Invites don't work, I am probably banned.

Since I have no way to reach crafty team, can SOMEONE page some mod in crafty discord to let me back in? (NLS #7917)

(obviously I cleared the spambot)

i did ask the question right now waiting for someone. lets see

• 4 weeks later...

I have issue with this.

And while half the issue is probably a crafty-controller issue (GUI just dies), the other half of the issue is possibly issue of this container.

If I try to restart the container, it throws a bunch of attempts to chown some files and then fails to start the server because it believes there is an instance already working.
(the one that the GUI died so it couldn't die gracefully)

So I have to try and find any processes related to it and kill them manually.

Totally sucks.

EDIT: Actually the problem is the session.lock file remaining. Needs manual delete. Probably the stop (or restart) container process, should look for this file to delete after some timeout?

Edited by NLS
20 hours ago, NLS said:

EDIT: Actually the problem is the session.lock file remaining. Needs manual delete. Probably the stop (or restart) container process, should look for this file to delete after some timeout?

should be simple enough to fix, delete file on startup of the container, where is the lock file located?

found it and the fix is in, please pull down the latest image.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok Brain cramp here. I'm trying to import a bedrock server and for the life of me i cant seem to figure out the correct path. i'd rather have all my servers under one roof so to speak to make them manageable. what am i doing wrong this the path. 

Edited by hyperlynx256
Spelling error
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SentientNut said:

How does the updating work on the docker container? It seems that it isn't pulling the latest version.

image.png.0edf530108aac79f2b0baef563a74e2c.png

image.png.c674767d6b4514ebe0b60b33fbe8f5c2.png

image.png.586c445efb84740c1d684e2543c89a31.png

it automatically updates based off commits to master (for now), so its fully up to date, ignore the version you see and prompt for update, for some reason it looks like it pulls this from the file `/config/crafty-4/crafty/app/config/version.json` which is persistent, so your version wont change.

EDIT - fixed this by forcing an overwrite of version.json from container to bind mount on startup, please pull down latest image to see this in action, you should then see the version info updated and you wont see a prompt to upgrade (even though there is no upgrade).

10 hours ago, binhex said:

EDIT - fixed this by forcing an overwrite of version.json from container to bind mount on startup, please pull down latest image to see this in action, you should then see the version info updated and you wont see a prompt to upgrade (even though there is no upgrade).

Nice. Best Community Dev ever right here.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I use the interactive board plugin to provide players with information.

It basically overlays text on images in game. (java edition)

When I use the plugin on this crafty docker, the text will not display. In talking with the interactive board devs, they think the docker itself needs fontconfig. Is this something that could be addressed, or is the use case too small? Interactive Board is a pretty popular plugin if it helps support my case.

We were able to reproduce the issue on a ubuntu vm by uninstalling the font support, then confirmed reinstalling it addressed the issue. I realize this is different, but it is proof of concept of the problem.

Thank you!

Edited by fenix012585
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience running crafty behind something like SWAG or another reverse proxy? I'm trying to get this working alongside my other reverse proxied containers but I keep getting a 502 bad gateway every time I try and access my subdomain that I'm routing to the container's webui. The other containers I have running work just fine with their subdomains so there must be something I'm misconfiguring but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

I know this question isn't directly related to this thread but I thought I'd ask here first just to make sure I wasn't missing something or if someone else has run into this before. I can provide my nginx config for my subdomain as well if needed.

Thanks

Just a note.
I made Geyser work with this server after all.
It always showed as working (when server started it reported geyser loading and listening to 0.0.0.0:25575 - that was ok from the beginning), but in reality it was unreachable (from own LAN).

Don't know what made it work but here are some things I tried:

- Made login mode floodgate (also have floodgate). It shouldn't be this, because my issue was that server was not even responding from bedrock client. I did have to whitelist the player when game worked (it didn't show with same UUID).

- Made an extra port setting in the container where I also "opened" UDP ports for Geyser (as I noticed it kept mentioning about UDP port). It could be it.

...some other things I don't remember (not a very useful port eh? :D )...

Hi all,

Rather than having 2 docker containers running (one for creative and one for survival) i thought i would give this a go.

I have created 2 servers on different ports but one the first server created shows up as a LAN game.

I can access the other server if i add it into the servers listing but that is not really kid friendly.

Any guidance?

19 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Hi all,

Rather than having 2 docker containers running (one for creative and one for survival) i thought i would give this a go.

I have created 2 servers on different ports but one the first server created shows up as a LAN game.

I can access the other server if i add it into the servers listing but that is not really kid friendly.

Any guidance?

You can go down the rabbit hole of giving the containers unique IP addresses, or you can manually add the custom port to each client once.

Personally I think the one time each hassle of adding it into the client is way less work than sorting out the various pitfalls that can occur when giving containers unique IP's, but feel free to pursue it.

On 10/4/2022 at 12:01 PM, RetroJect said:

Does anyone have experience running crafty behind something like SWAG or another reverse proxy? I'm trying to get this working alongside my other reverse proxied containers but I keep getting a 502 bad gateway every time I try and access my subdomain that I'm routing to the container's webui. The other containers I have running work just fine with their subdomains so there must be something I'm misconfiguring but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

I know this question isn't directly related to this thread but I thought I'd ask here first just to make sure I wasn't missing something or if someone else has run into this before. I can provide my nginx config for my subdomain as well if needed.

Thanks

any luck with this? I'd like to make my crafty-4 web backend available to my buddy, and want it to be safe SSL connection.