Upgraded to 6.10.3, one disk now says "not installed", worked fine before, reverted to 6.9.2, still says that.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I am sorry if I am a bit of a noob at this, I haven't had any issues I couldn't google and solve before, but this one has stumped me a bit.

I attached the Diag Zip if someone who is a real expert could maybe give me a tip. I figure I either need to try unplugging and replugging all the cables (I have not changed anything hardware wise in over 250+ days, the server sits on a cabinet and is never touched really), but I figure this could be an issue since this is a drive shuc'd out of a mybook\myelements drive (or I need to tape over some pins based on other tip threads).

Thanks for your time

tower-diagnostics-20220616-1449.zip

On 6/17/2022 at 2:37 AM, JorgeB said:

Disk is not being detected, assuming it's also connected to the LSI check its BIOS, if it's not detected there it also won't be in Unraid.

I restarted the box in anticipation of plugging in a monitor and keyboard to assess, and the drive showed back up, but now it looks like unraid is rebuilding the drive.

I had not done anything other than start the array in maintenance mode, I hadn't added any data or done anything since the disk appeared offline. I'm surprised unraid is showing the missing and now back disk as "emulated" and is rebuilding it. It was time to do a parity check anyways (takes 18-24 hours to do one so I hadn't run one in 6+ months).

7 minutes ago, Mors said:

It was time to do a parity check anyways (takes 18-24 hours to do one so I hadn't run one in 6+ months).

You might want to look into installing the Parity Check Tuning plugin to reduce the impact on daily use so you do not mind running the check more frequently (e.g. monthly).

51 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You might want to look into installing the Parity Check Tuning plugin to reduce the impact on daily use so you do not mind running the check more frequently (e.g. monthly).

I will absolutely check this out. It has been a good learning experience. I realize now since I hadn't run one in so long, I think the estimate says 18 but I think from reading through that plugin thread, it ended up being so long and I had meant to investigate if there was a way to do the check in parts. The whole reason this all came up is I happened to be going out of town and knew there would be no use for my server for 2+ days and was planning to do a check over the weekend.

I'll mark one of the responses in the thread as a solution so we stop pinging this thread but I appreciate all the help.