REALLY SLOW - File transfers to MAC.

Curiosity Question:

SO, NEW SERVER, and for some reason shares were basically unusable to either of my macs. It took so long to even open a share that the finder crashed. Windows transfers were mostly fine but just a little slower than my other server. I The share name was "-Media Files" and I was trying to access a subfolder name -Movies. File transfers to the mac were basically impossible.

After screwing around with the settings for a few days, I created a new share named "Movies" and used Krusader to move the files to the new share. Transfers are now fine.

So I am curious as to if the file name could have had something to do with the slow transfers for could there be another simpler reason. Is it possible that the share was simply corrupted somehow?

The problem is fixed but I am just curious as to what might have caused slow transfers from the mac but not the windows box.

Thanks for any input.

I think it could also be that the USB is formatted for say FAT/FAT32 (for a PC) and those tend to run a bit slowly. If the drive is a newer USB2 or 3 drive and the storage you are copying from is say an SSD it should be moving quite quickly. If the USB (flash drive) is maybe an older one, maybe its having an issue.