Temp/Trial Pro License

I currently have a Basic license and I have 6 device installed. Recently, I bought a SATA expansion PCIe card and hope to add 5 more SATA HDDs but I'm not sure if this new PCIe card and the additional SATA HDDs are supported by unRAID 6.9.2 or 6.10.2 (planning to upgrade soon).

Is it possible to have trial upgrade (basic to pro) license so that I can test out the PCIe card and the additional HDDs?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Edited by Nitehawk
Change to a more appropriate title
  • Nitehawk changed the title to Temp/Trial Pro License
4 hours ago, Nitehawk said:

Is it possible to have trial upgrade (basic to pro) license so that I can test out the PCIe card and the additional HDDs?

That's not possible, but you can still install the controller and disks to confirm if they are detected or not, just won't be able to start the array with them connected until you upgrade your license.

Another option is to set up a new USB with a normal trial install, as that will be full pro. You would need to be careful when assigning disks, as to not invalidate existing parity, but you could definitely set up a whole new array with only the additional drives, leave your current drives completely untouched.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That's not possible, but you can still install the controller and disks to confirm if they are detected or not, just won't be able to start the array with them connected until you upgrade your license.

If the server can detect both the controller and disks, does it mean that it will be compatible and workable in unRAID.