Free Teamviewer... docker help?

Hi,

i think there was a forum where you could ask for templates for dockers, but i coulnt find it, so please shove it there if there is a better place for this.

Ive found the following docker: https://github.com/rustdesk/rustdesk

its a free teamviewer alternate you can host on your own server (which would be perfect for unraid if you ask me).

I could install it via community apps but i cant find any variables and there is no log. The docker starts and stops immediatly. The tutorials are complete useless for me, i cant figure it out. Maybe someone knows something.

I tried: 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='rustdesk-server' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Unraid-Server" -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="rustdesk-server" -e 'Community_Applications_Conversion'='true' -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman 'rustdesk/rustdesk-server'

Thanks!

Edited by nuhll
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, nuhll said:

are you sure this is how it works? Ive read there is hbbs and hbbr (relay or something) is both included bc in your command it seem slike only hbbs? (what ever that means xD)

From what I understand from quick read is relay is needed for external connections.  I was able to run that command and connect from my phone to computer.  But running this should work for the relay

docker run --name hbbr -p 21117:21117 -p 21119:21119 -v /mnt/user/appdata/rustserver-hbbr:/root -d --rm rustdesk/rustdesk-server hbbr
14 minutes ago, tafilaj said:

Hi,

This might be a silly question but how do you get the server to point to relay server?

Internally server works great but externally it fails, with the ports forwarded.

by the way great job @jmztaylor.

Thanks

Honestly, I just saw this software the other day and started messing with it.  The relay I don't know the exact purpose of.  Opening 21116 in your firewall will allow external connections and not specifying relay server. So for the settings put your_ip:21116 as the ID server.  At least for me it did.  Relay might have to do with NAT transversal or something.  

Working fine for me... with encryption enabled (without encryption is also working fine)

I've installed both server and relay and forwarded all ports in my firewall.

I've also added DNS entries for both public and internal DNS servers so I could use my own sub-domain name in the clients.

On 6/21/2022 at 5:49 PM, tafilaj said:

Hi,

This might be a silly question but how do you get the server to point to relay server?

Internally server works great but externally it fails, with the ports forwarded.

by the way great job @jmztaylor.

Thanks

You must set "ID Server:" on the client to your public-ip or hostname. Ports must be opened/forwarded in your firewall.

This is mine on a Windows 11 machine, once you click OK you should see a green button + "Ready" in the status bar.

image.png.003031239af964eedbbca701ff6ac4bd.png

7 hours ago, Vitor Ventura said:

Can't make this work, external connections...

Ports are open 21115, 21116 and 21118 in pfsense, tested, but, never connects.

Hey Vic, this is what I did, maybe it will help you...

First, I tested using LAN IP of the server (same as my UnRAID) - I was connected to the same LAN.

Then, I've set a NAT on my firewall - also pfSense - for all the ports described in the docs (see below with my UnRAID LAN IP masked)

image.png.98cf71ab8bfebcb5bb6a46913d7f6355.png

Finally, I've set a DNS record so I could use it instead of my public IP.

I know this is basic, but make sure your UnRAID server can actually access the internet trough your firewall.

If still not working, maybe logs and error msgs may help indicate the problem.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, chopeta said:

Hey Vic, this is what I did, maybe it will help you...

First, I tested using LAN IP of the server (same as my UnRAID) - I was connected to the same LAN.

Then, I've set a NAT on my firewall - also pfSense - for all the ports described in the docs (see below with my UnRAID LAN IP masked)

image.png.98cf71ab8bfebcb5bb6a46913d7f6355.png

Finally, I've set a DNS record so I could use it instead of my public IP.

I know this is basic, but make sure your UnRAID server can actually access the internet trough your firewall.

If still not working, maybe logs and error msgs may help indicate the problem.

Good luck!

Hello, thanks for your help.

Locally, only connects with internal IP, but, tried now in work, and works at first try. 🤷‍♂️

Need to check something in my computer.

Thanks.