6.10.x Causing Permissions Issues

Go to solution Solved by drogg,

Hi all, noob here running into my first issue in ages on Unraid after upgrading to 6.10.x. I've run through the forums and tried everything I could find on the issue, but I'm at a complete loss as to how to proceed. 

Sonarr/Krusader are showing me "access denied" errors when I try to copy files between folders. Plex plays media just fine, but nothing can be copied because access to the relevant paths are all denied. I'm running MergerFS/rclone. I've run the Docker Safe New Permissions and New Permissions on the appdata folders to no avail. 

Any idea how to proceed? 

Logs attached.

scout-diagnostics-20220619-1105.zip

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

I tried the steps outlined here as well to no avail. I'm not sure why upgrading to 6.10.x has suddenly broken these containers.

When I run the suggested command

ls -la /mnt/user/appdata/<container>

I get the following: 1693182483_ScreenShot2022-06-20at11_46_13AM.thumb.png.c9b5f893c124e1ccd541dfc75e919c30.png

But that doesn't seem to change anything on the Sonarr side.

Edited by drogg
added more context
On 6/19/2022 at 11:09 AM, drogg said:

New Permissions on the appdata folders

FYI, never do this - it's why docker safe new permissions exists to stop people from doing this.

What folders are you trying to copy between? (Appdata?)  

There is also Dynamix File Manager available which shouldn't have any trouble ever moving stuff around.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

FYI, never do this - it's why docker safe new permissions exists to stop people from doing this.

There is also Dynamix File Manager available which shouldn't have any trouble ever moving stuff around.

Noted!

As for what I'm moving, it's anything between folders. So if I want to move a download from my downloads to its MergerFS home on a local mount, I get permission denied. If I use Krusader to try to move the files between downloads and , I get a permission denied. If I try to modify content on my laptop via file sharing, I get permission denied. 

This is all I get in Sonarr:

Access to the path "<file>" is denied.

• Solution
8 hours ago, Squid said:

Noted!

As for what I'm moving, it's anything between folders. So if I want to move a download from my downloads to its MergerFS home on a local mount, I get permission denied. If I use Krusader to try to move the files between downloads and , I get a permission denied. If I try to modify content on my laptop via file sharing, I get permission denied. 

This is all I get in Sonarr:

Access to the path "<file>" is denied.

EDIT: This issue is resolved (for the time being) because of the fixes here.

• Like 1