[Support] RustDesk Server

• jmztaylor changed the title to [Support] RustDesk Server
1 hour ago, buzzra said:

What's the difference between RustDeskServer and RustDeskServer-Relay? I know there is an hbbs and hbbr parts to RustDesk, is that the difference here?So we need both of these dockers installed at the same time?

-buzz

Yes RustDeskServer is the hbbs and Relay is the hbbr.  I have got this to work without the relay.  Using only server and port forwarding port 21116.

Edited by jmztaylor
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 8:57 AM, MARAllMighty said:

I've installed both dockers but can't find any documentation that indicates how to connect anything to them, including through RustDesk themselves. Once installed, what else needs to be done for this to be functional?

I'm on a learning curve with this, but I created an A record for my domain and pointed t to my server. (rustdesk.mydomain.com)

Then I opened the ports in the router.

Then I went to the rustdesk site and downloaded the clients.

To point the clients to my server I changed the config in the client to point to rustdesk.mydomain.com

Then the connection between the clients was similar to a teamviewer connection.

Not sure about encryption with this docker. Have asked the question

9 hours ago, Jessie said:

I'm on a learning curve with this, but I created an A record for my domain and pointed t to my server. (rustdesk.mydomain.com)

Then I opened the ports in the router.

Then I went to the rustdesk site and downloaded the clients.

To point the clients to my server I changed the config in the client to point to rustdesk.mydomain.com

Then the connection between the clients was similar to a teamviewer connection.

Not sure about encryption with this docker. Have asked the question

https://rustdesk.com/docs/en/self-host/install/#key

This key is in the appdata folder.  By default its /mnt/user/appdata/rustdesk-hbbs

On 7/22/2022 at 12:59 AM, jmztaylor said:

In the desktop app its here

Screenshot 2022-07-21 095902.png

How can I perform the steps found here

To mandate encryption using your containers?
I'd like to stop anyone else who finds the open ports from using them.

Also, I'm still unclear on relay vs server, could you please explain in a little more detail?
I currently have it set up using both internally, encrypted and unencrypted both work. I haven't opened the ports yet until I can enforce encryption, not just allow it.

Edited by 4554551n
10 hours ago, 4554551n said:

How can I perform the steps found here

To mandate encryption using your containers?
I'd like to stop anyone else who finds the open ports from using them.

Also, I'm still unclear on relay vs server, could you please explain in a little more detail?
I currently have it set up using both internally, encrypted and unencrypted both work. I haven't opened the ports yet until I can enforce encryption, not just allow it.

It should just go in extra parameters when you hit advanced view on edit container.  

11 hours ago, jmztaylor said:

It should just go in extra parameters when you hit advanced view on edit container.  

Could you please help me with exactly what I should be putting there? I don't really know docker.
It's extra confusing because it wouldn't be an "extra" parameter, it would be modifying part of the existing docker yml, wouldn't it? Because it would already have the command to run the program in there wouldn't it?

Edited by 4554551n
13 hours ago, 4554551n said:

Could you please help me with exactly what I should be putting there? I don't really know docker.
It's extra confusing because it wouldn't be an "extra" parameter, it would be modifying part of the existing docker yml, wouldn't it? Because it would already have the command to run the program in there wouldn't it?

unraid docker engine uses docker run command not docker-compose with yaml.  I misspoke. It needs to go under post arguments.  So that line will look like this.

/usr/bin/hbbs -k _

And using default appdata paths you would use the pub key at /mnt/user/appdata/rustdesk-hbbs/id_ed25519.pub and put that key into the clients.

13 hours ago, jmztaylor said:

unraid docker engine uses docker run command not docker-compose with yaml.  I misspoke. It needs to go under post arguments.  So that line will look like this.

/usr/bin/hbbs -k _

And using default appdata paths you would use the pub key at /mnt/user/appdata/rustdesk-hbbs/id_ed25519.pub and put that key into the clients.

Yea, i got the pub key all sorted, encryption is working well, it's just mandating it, so I can open it to the world and not have randoms try use it.

Ok, so there are two containers, the RustDeskServer and RustDeskServer-relay.
I seem to need both (internally at least, doesn't just run with the server. don't know why).
So I can go into RustDeskServer>edit and in post arguments where it has /usr/bin/hbbs, I change it to /usr/bin/hbbs -k _
and in RustDeskServer-relay>edit /usr/bin/hbbr becomes /usr/bin/hbbr -k _
Is that correct?

Also, if I do this, and open it to the world, that would stop randoms from using it legitimately. Assuming there's some issue/vulnerability in rustdesk (I'm paranoid), how much protection does unraid offer me if someone connects on one of those ports and starts doing shit?

I don't think I can even use port triggering for bonus protection because it starts with an inbound connection, yea?

Also, looking at the instructions, it seems to need
./hbbs -r <relay-server-ip[:port]> -k _
So If I set hbbs -k _, how is the relay server IP being worked into it?

Also, just for the record, you're amazing and thank you for your time!

Edited by 4554551n
  • 1 month later...

Hello! I am new in rustdesk.

i installed rustdesk server and rustdesk server relay.

Protocol data seems to b ok.

I have a tunnel working with nginx proxy manager.

I don't know which port to use in the proxy manager!?

And i cannot connect to my server installation.

I ve done this server installation in unraid via the app store and i also tried the installation with docker compose.

Same problem -> No Connection.

Is there someone out there woh can help me?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 2:10 AM, Kilrah said:

It's not an HTTP app so no proxy. I've got both containers running with Host networking and directly forwarded ports 21115-21118 to the server and all works fine. 

I just did a CNAME to duckdns like I do with all my other apps and then just opened the ports on the router. Everything just magically worked.

• 3 months later...

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere and i missed it, but after loading the hbbs docker, where do i put "rustdesk.mydomain.com" within the container?   

command: hbbs -r rusdesk.example.com:21117

Is this a path, port, variable, label or device type setting that needs to be manually adding in the container?

• 3 months later...