Graphics output issue

I recently added a GPU (P600) to one of my unraid servers for use with plex. was getting nothing out of the onboard graphics so I plugged a monitor into the gpu and booted into BIOS and forced it to use the igpu. saved/rebooted, now im getting output from the onboard, until unraid boots. I get the screen where you select gui/nongui/etc, and the whole boot process, but where it would normally show a login page, its just a blank screen. The server is running and can still be accesses via webui. Is there something else I need to modify to get unraid to output via onboard post boot? 

I rebooted my server and watched the boot process and noticed some odd things right at the end before the display went black.

20220623_020943.thumb.jpg.ad17c6bea2d61579e3a818c90122bfda.jpg

I found this reddit post and one of the suggestions was to install the intel gpu top plugin. I remembered I already has it installed, so I removed it and rebooted to see if that would make any difference... nope.  The OP of that thread said he solved his problem by "removing the nomodeset commands in my /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg file" so I checked there but it looks completely normal. 

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50
label unRAID OS
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot
label unRAID OS GUI Mode
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
label unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label unRAID OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

Since /dri was missing, I figured I might as well just create it and see if things sorted themselves out. The error about dev/dri went away, but still no login page, just a blank screen. No clue what to do next. Included diags in case that helps. 

cheers

diagnostics-20220623-0245.zip

Edited by 2Piececombo

Update: booted into gui safemode and login screen is back. Im sure it has something to do with the nvidia plugin, which leaves me with the following question. How do I use the nvidia driver plugin so my gpu can be used in plex, but get the login screen back? I dont even know where to start looking for a fix on this one