shutting down errors at sh -c line 2 syntax error unexpected end of file while looking for matching ''''

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

i'm a third year computer science student and  am well aware of the usage of most packages of both nerdpack and devpack . but having to go back and install every package when i needed them seemed tedious so i just installed them all . which worked fine for years . you were however right on the money and as soon as i uninstalled nerd pack poweroff worked as intended  . after a reinstall of nerdpack i made a carefull selection of commonly used packages this time.  dev pack however is still bugging out for me. even after a reinstall.

thx for the second pair of eyes.

sages

1 hour ago, Sages said:

i'm a third year computer science student and  am well aware of the usage of most packages of both nerdpack and devpack . but having to go back and install every package when i needed them seemed tedious so i just installed them all . which worked fine for years . you were however right on the money and as soon as i uninstalled nerd pack poweroff worked as intended  . after a reinstall of nerdpack i made a carefull selection of commonly used packages this time.  dev pack however is still bugging out for me. even after a reinstall.

thx for the second pair of eyes.

sages

The problem is always that NerdPack (and DevPack) can potentially overwrite standard Unraid installed components and it is a big job to identify for any particular Unraid release any that might cause problems.  It is sometimes only when end-users report one of the installed packages causing a problem that it is realised that a particular component/package needs updating for that particular Unraid release.

for anyone struggling with the same problem. make sure to  remove the plugins manually from /boot/config/plugins and remove all packages from /boot/packages.  nerdpack and devpack were bugging out for me and removing the plugins did not actually remove them from the plugins folder and removing the packages in the webui did not remove them from the packages folder either. don't forget to give it a reboot afterwards.