No Network device with Windows Server

Hello there, 

i just installed a windows Server 2019 version as VM on my Unraid Server. 

So far so good but with installed network drivers i cannot see the adapter in the network settings. 

In the device manager i can see the network devices but flagged with the Error 56 as seen in the attachement.

I tried different versions of windows Server but no luck here.

Is there any solution out there?

In the far past so 2 years ago i could install windows Server flawlessly but now im on a up to date unraid version and it didnt seem to work anymore.

Thanks a lot in adevance.

image.png

hmm, I guess, your vm settings are not really "good". Compare to mine here, this vm uses 2 red hat network cards on Win 2019

grafik.thumb.png.2d4c3e97e83664968acdab8d8e49d5c2.png

Sometimes you need to use a special BIOS type and Device combination to get the drivers working. Try these (but the combination depends on your real hardware, so this AMD example may no work on Intel machines, I dont know)

no need to reinstall. just stop the vm, change some setting, start it again and look if it working now.

But your error looks like it is biting itself in the tail. It needs an update, but it cant update because the card is not working.

I would try some old and slow card emulation (not Red Hat virtio) just to get maybe a 100mbit/s virtual card. Then update with this, reboot and switch back to to Red Hat.

Your Guest OS is missing some basic features that prevents ANY driver to work.

Maybe your installation image is wrong/bad/corrupted ???

Hey guys i fiddled yesterday a bit aorund and i cannot get around the driver signature thing in windows server.

Even if  i use the latest virtio drivers i cannot get it to work.

I tried different versions of Windows server and different combinations of bios + virtio drivers and device types. I cannot get it to work.

Slowly i gain my i idea of using esxi as virtualisation host and run unraid on it. 

So i have a stable virtualisation enviroment and unraid as docker and nas. :/