(SOLVED) Unassigned Devices no longer shared like before

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hello. I have two drives in Unassigned Devices (not part of the array) that are supposed to be shared over the network. If I go to the Main page in the unRAID GUI, click on Edit Settings on each drive, AUTOMOUNT and SHARE are both checked on each drive, always have been.

I can also click on the share name of each drive and see the data is still there in the unRAID GUI.

I'm not sure when this changed, but it's only in the past week. But I also upgraded to 6.10.3 in that time.

One drive is a 4TB I use to backup my Windows PCs with. None of the PCs can see that drive listed on the network now, so the backups fail.

The other is a 10TB drive I store my older security camera footage from Blue Iris in a Windows 10 VM, and record TV from the Channels DVR docker app. The Channels apps on iOS and Apple TV still play all my recordings and is working normally.

So I know the drives are still there and working, they just aren't shared liked they were before? Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

I've shut down unRAID a couple times (unrelated) and rebooted, no difference.

Thanks for your time. Diagnostics attached.

tower-diagnostics-20220624-0534.zip

Edited by stor44
SOLVED
7 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You might want to check that the SMB security setting under Settings->Unassigned Devices is not now set to No when you probably want the (new) Public option.

That's exactly what it was, excellent! Set to Public, now the shares instantly show again.

23 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Please use the existing plugin support thread:

Will do, didn't realize it was UD causing the issue.

21 minutes ago, trurl said:

You can go directly to the correct support thread for any of your plugins by clicking its Support link on your Plugins page.

Good to know, will keep in mind for next time.

Thanks for all the help, very appreciated.

• stor44 changed the title to (SOLVED) Unassigned Devices no longer shared like before