hard drives not showing after switching MoBo

Hello everyone

I tried to switch out my mobo and cpu so that my VM would run better and now the drives don't work at all.

I had a MSI M5 with a i7-6700k I decided to upgrade to a MSI wifi pro with i7-11700fk. When it powered back on the 3 hard drives where missing, it's been a week and I've tried everything I could think of. This included buying 4 port sata pci-e card, new sata cables, using my hard drive dock but nothing saw the drives. Today I tried some super old drives I had laying around and the showed up no problem. So now I'm pretty sure the drives are dead and I lost everything.

I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions and if you could tell me how to clear the array so I can buy now drives and start over. Thanks

1 hour ago, klipp01 said:

Not particularly but by chance are they shucked drives? Also was the old power connections maybe molex to sata pwr but the new power supply is sata pwr connectors?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Yes they're shucked drives. It was sata pwr to sata pwr. I just went from the 400w to 750w because i needed another cable for cpu on the new board. I did try taping the 3.3v power on the drives but that didn't work either. 

1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

Did you pull all the old PSU supply cables out, or did you reuse some of them?

They were are different cable since the old psu had them all built in. I even bought new cables because I thought that was the problem. 

Edited by PsiPlexServ