GPU for Dell R720 & VM

There seem to be some GTX 1080 and 1070 cards hitting the 2nd hand market - they would do the job well. 

Strongly recommend going for the blower style cards like the Asus Turbo cards, or most of the founders editions. These suit the airflow in the rack servers better. The more common dual or triple fan GPUs are too big to fit into the space. 

You also need a special cable to run power from the main board to the gpu - but these are pretty easy to get via eBay. The one I got was part number 9H6FV . 

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, ryanm91 said:

And even some 6000 series have issues.

Honestly I don't think any of the 6000 series card suffers from the amd reset bug, it could be most probably a user configuration error.

Anyway we have the option to force load a different vbios in vms, so even if a 6000 series card suffers the reset bug we can force load a vbios that doesn't present the issue.

For example, with my sapphire nitro+ se 6900 xt Ican load without any issue the vbios of a 6900xt reference card.