Remote share can't mount but has mount point name

Go to solution Solved by dlandon,

Hello,

I’m facing my first problem with Unassigned Devices plugin. Not so sure if the problem is really from UD but some of you will probably be able to help me. This is the first time I’m using Unraid and this is in an office context. I’m an amateur network technician.

Yesterday I succeeded in mounting a SMB remote share (from a shared folder located on Windows PC) to my Unraid server. But today I wanted to mount a shared remote drive from the same Windows PC to Unraid. I used the same Sharing settings (in Windows drive & folder) than previous day. I didn't update do any plugin update in the last 2 days.

Here is the result and the problem:

On the 2nd day, I was not able to mount the remote SMB share (drive or any new folder from Windows desktop) but I got a mount point name (see picture). I removed the SMB remote share and added it again but the result was the same (drive or folder was not able to mount to Unraid).
I have no clue why this happened. Hopefully you will help me see through and guide me for a solution.

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 5.24.11 pm.png

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 5.50.39 pm.png

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 5.50.47 pm.png

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 5.51.15 pm.png

Your situation is confusing.  The first remote server "MACBROOKPRO-1850" is offline because the disk ball and the "Unmount" button are grayed out.  It was mounted then went offline.  When UD shows this state, the remote server is not responding to a ping.  Maybe, because it is disconnected from the LAN?

The second remote server "PRODUCER-HELENS" is online and is ready to mount.

Please post your diagnostics zip file and explain which remote share you are talking about.

Thank you @dlandon. I'm talking about the SMB shared folder called "audio" (2nd position in the list). This morning after restarting the server, and the Win PC called "producer-helens", the result is the same as I explained above. The auto-mount does not happen and when clicking on "Mount" button nothing happens as well. Same result even after removing the automount option for that share.

I attached my diagnostics file.

Thank you for your help.

sunlightprime-diagnostics-20220628-1018.zip