BTRFS: error (device loop3) in cleanup_transaction:1942: errno=-5 IO failure

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

On 6/29/2022 at 2:47 AM, JorgeB said:

Server appears to have started based on that screenshot, errors are likely a corrupt docker image, see if you can get the diagnostics using the console.

Okay, so I got it all started up and I deleted my Docker image. I've started the process of rebuilding it, but then I saw it was throwing the error of a disk missing which is one that I had fiddled around with and took out, but never removed from my array.

I just followed this process: The "Remove Drives Then Rebuild Parity" Method from this https://wiki.unraid.net/index.php?title=Shrink_array

When I got to the end, ready to restart the array, I saw this message next to my parity drive: "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started"

I'm running unRAID v6.9.2

alienblood-diagnostics-20220630-1854.zip

14 minutes ago, xd84 said:

disk missing which is one that I had fiddled around with and took out, but never removed from my array.

So you have had no parity protection all that time.

9 minutes ago, xd84 said:

I saw this message next to my parity drive: "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started"

That is correct when you are going to

9 minutes ago, xd84 said:

Rebuild Parity

Unrelated, but your 3 disk cache pool has different sized disks. What btrfs mode is that?

23 hours ago, trurl said:

So you have had no parity protection all that time.

Well, that is unfortunate, but I guess I'll have to deal with that. Does that mean that everything from the moment I took out the drive until now is gone?

That is correct when you are going to (Rebuild Parity)

Should I go ahead and start the array again to begin the Parity-Sync process?

Unrelated, but your 3 disk cache pool has different sized disks. What btrfs mode is that?

I know, I had started with one 500GB SSD and I had 2 extra 1TB SSDs that I didn't know what to do with so I threw them in the cache pool. That's how this all started. Originally, I was going to add them to my array and then I realized I could make a cache pool, so I moved the drive over to the cache pool and that's when I started to mess things up. I don't know where to find which BTRFS mode it is.

• Solution
6 minutes ago, xd84 said:

Does that mean that everything from the moment I took out the drive until now is gone?

No, it just means parity could not have recovered anything if you had lost a disk, since you already had a missing disk.

7 minutes ago, xd84 said:

begin the Parity-Sync process

That is the only way to get parity back in sync with your array so you have parity protection again.

Post new diagnostics after you start the array.

14 hours ago, trurl said:

No, it just means parity could not have recovered anything if you had lost a disk, since you already had a missing disk.

That is the only way to get parity back in sync with your array so you have parity protection again.

Post new diagnostics after you start the array.

Okay, I just started the array and the Parity-Sync has begun. Here are my diagnostics from just now:

alienblood-diagnostics-20220702-1012.zip