Install Unraid on unifi unvr

Jvic

• 11 months later...

probably I'm late to the party, but it seems ARM is runable now thanks to Docker:

root@dacia:/mnt/user/nvr/frigate_recordings/recordings# docker run --platform linux/arm64/v8 markdegroot/unifi-protect-arm64 id
exec /usr/bin/id: exec format error
root@dacia:/mnt/user/nvr/frigate_recordings/recordings# docker run --privileged --rm tonistiigi/binfmt --install all
Unable to find image 'tonistiigi/binfmt:latest' locally
latest: Pulling from tonistiigi/binfmt
8d4d64c318a5: Pull complete 
e9c608ddc3cb: Pull complete 
Digest: sha256:66e11bea77a5ea9d6f0fe79b57cd2b189b5d15b93a2bdb925be22949232e4e55
Status: Downloaded newer image for tonistiigi/binfmt:latest
installing: arm64 OK
installing: ppc64le OK
installing: mips64le OK
installing: arm OK
installing: s390x OK
installing: riscv64 OK
installing: mips64 OK
{
  "supported": [
    "linux/amd64",
    "linux/arm64",
    "linux/riscv64",
    "linux/ppc64le",
    "linux/s390x",
    "linux/386",
    "linux/mips64le",
    "linux/mips64",
    "linux/arm/v7",
    "linux/arm/v6"
  ],
  "emulators": [
    "qemu-aarch64",
    "qemu-arm",
    "qemu-mips64",
    "qemu-mips64el",
    "qemu-ppc64le",
    "qemu-riscv64",
    "qemu-s390x"
  ]
}
root@dacia:/mnt/user/nvr/frigate_recordings/recordings# docker run --platform linux/arm64/v8 markdegroot/unifi-protect-arm64 id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

However, after a quick try I couldn't get Unifi protect to work, probably has something to do with the fact that UnRAID doesn't have a working systemd, which seems dependent on because the container shared the cgroup with the host.

In any case, if anyone is interesting here are official Docker docs: https://docs.docker.com/build/building/multi-platform/

I'll try tomorrow on a different machine than UnRAID, I suspect it will work there.

Edited by Mihai

@Jvic I made it work, but not using Unraid unfortunately because of some limitations, but I did make it work using Docker on a NixOS machine. I guess you could use any OS as a host instead of NixOS, shouldn't matter that much.

I wrote a how to here: https://github.com/kiwimato/unifi-protect-arm64#running-unifi-protect-arm64-on-x86-machines

Btw,  this is about Unifi Protect, so not the old EOL Unifi NVR. You can run that in just plain Docker, there are already ways to do that easily from UnRAID.

• Like 1