Unraid refusing to boot after update

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Unsure what happened but unraid broke upon restarting to update. So I drive home to figure out what the deal is. I format the USB and everything boots fine. However once I add my old config shit's broken again and wont boot. Just goes to a black screen. Then I delete the old config and put in the fresh one and stillll...... nothing boots. Any idea? I don't see any error, corrupt, or general log files. I've even ran the make bootable bat file just to be sure that's not the problem. Additional times it just doesn't boot at all when I use the USB creator tool.

and unfortunately as I post this I leave my house again and donjj't plan on wasting my time coming back till when I am supposed to which is july 9th.

Please provide suggestions and sorry for the writing as I am incredibly frustrated. I've included some screenshots of the original USB file structure to show what was existing. I did try and import previous folder to no avail. I did change "EFI-" to "EFI" as this was the EUFI fix (I think that's what it was) for my original boot issues.

7zFM_dm1Uqp17c0.png

7zFM_wMixOZmnE9.png

Edited by Opzon
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 11:53 PM, JorgeB said:

Looks like a flash drive issue, not necessarily a bad flash drive, try re-formatting again using diskpart or use a different one to test.

I ended up buying new flash drives as I can never find one when I need one. Formatted one with the USB creation tool, booted fine, added config, black screen. I do see a plugin-errors folder inside config folder and it's empty.

I've attempted to use older versions too all the way down to 6.10.0 and it still black screens upon placing the old config folder.

Edited by Opzon
9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Can you still access the system via another computer's browser?

Install the GPU-top plugin

No, and I've checked my router to see if it makes a connection or if the ipv4 changed. Even left it on for awhile to make sure it had long enough to connect and establish itself. I'm quite surprised there's no error logs or at least not that I see.

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

If it boots with a new config means something in the old one is causing the problem, you copy parts of it until you find the problem or just reconfigure the server.

Unfortunate. Will do, thanks for your time.