Weird copy issue

Multiple XFS drives in the array

all drives circa 1TB free space

Only one share on the server containing all drives

When copying different files to the share (existing folders on two particular drives) copy cannot complete because it reports insufficient free space, but copy to the correct folder on a separately mapped drive completes successfully and other drives have no problem..

completed parity check and xfs correcting error check completed to no avail, problem persists.

I am not at home, I will check in a couple of days, but I think the settings are the same on all 17 disks, only 2 behave differently.

FWIW, copying to the share where these 2 disks were involved, used to hit an error not enough space, but if you hit try again a few times, would eventually complete successfully.

2 hours ago, Brucey7 said:

I think the settings are the same on all 17 disks, only 2 behave differently.

Not disk settings, user share settings are the main things that affect which disk Unraid chooses to write to and whether it chooses a disk with enough space or not.

12 hours ago, JonathanM said:

include exclude? split level? min free space? all of those settings would be bypassed when going directly to a specific drive.

diagnostics needed for more specific answer.

The split level is set so that no directories are on more than one disk. 

The directories already exist on these disks, so unraid should only add them into the existing directories.

It works perfectly on 15 disks but not 2 of the disks.  It thinks the disks are full, which they are not.

The use case is new episodes of an existing TV series.