Kernel Panic

Greetings I need a bit of help, I have now woken up on two different days with my unraid server not responding and I turn on the monitor that is plugged into it and find it says Kernel Panic. I am attaching photos of both times. First time is with Unraid 6.9.2 and next time is with Unraid 6.10.3. Additionally I am using a Dell R7515 I have ran the hardware test built into the lifecycle controller 3 times and everything passes.

20220621_080137.jpg

20220701_080300.jpg

Hello... I _think_ I may have your answer.  If you're like me and you run on an AMD platform, this is due to the c-states setting in your bios.   My problem got so bad I had a crash at least once a day.

The fix for me?  I setup a virtual windows machine, and leave it running.  Am on day 15 now of no crashes.

Hope this helps...

B.

1 minute ago, brianieface said:

Hello... I _think_ I may have your answer.  If you're like me and you run on an AMD platform, this is due to the c-states setting in your bios.   My problem got so bad I had a crash at least once a day.

The fix for me?  I setup a virtual windows machine, and leave it running.  Am on day 15 now of no crashes.

Hope this helps...

B.

its weird it never happened before and I was up for months and months and just started. I do have an AMD Epyic CPU

41 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

If the power supply idle control setting change doesn't help enable the syslog server and post that after a crash.

Thank you, I don't have the power supply Idle control settings, but I did disable global C state and update to the newest BIOS that had an AGESA update for Eypc to 1.0.0.8. Its just weird this issue just started a few weeks ago and before that it was fantastic. I will monitor and if it happens again will enable syslog and post the results.

• Like 1