https support for SearXNG?

Go to solution Solved by Admiralham,

Hello (unraid noob here),

I just installed SearXNG, and it is working fine. I was trying to figure out how to get it to work with https as well. I did some research on the SeraXNG Docker image, and the documentation states that this is controlled via a file name ".env" in the root of the container. I do not see this file in the Unraid SearXNG Docker image, and manually creating it does not appear to help. I am sure that I am overlooking something here and would appreciate a push in the right direction.

Jon

Good day Jon,

I'm sorry but I don't know the answer (yet) to your question but I was hoping you could enlighten me on how you installed SearXNG on Unraid?  I have looked and can't find any documentation on how to do so.  I would appreciate any information so that I may assist you in your question.

Regards,

Chris

Well... I feel stupid.  I didn't even think to look at the actual Community Apps.  I was under the impression that it was a custom installation of a Docker container.

From what I'm seeing through research is that enabling HTTPS may have something to do with configuring proxies.  I am continuing to look and will post again if I find something of value.

Regards,

Chris

• Solution

Here is my conf file for Swag.  Hope it helps:

## Version 2021/05/21
# Ensure your DNS has a CNAME set for searxng and that searxng container is not using a base URL.

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name my_subdomain.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        include /config/nginx/resolver.conf;
        set $upstream_app searxng;
        set $upstream_port 8080;
        set $upstream_proto http;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

}

}

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2022 at 10:15 PM, Admiralham said:

Here is my conf file for Swag.  Hope it helps:

## Version 2021/05/21
# Ensure your DNS has a CNAME set for searxng and that searxng container is not using a base URL.

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name my_subdomain.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        include /config/nginx/resolver.conf;
        set $upstream_app searxng;
        set $upstream_port 8080;
        set $upstream_proto http;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

}

}

I did exactly this and still get a "502 Bad Gateway" error when I try to go to the page from the internet

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, did you use swag? I have reverse proxy set up for several dockers already. For instance, it works fine for NextCloud, but I used the included NextCloud conf file in nginx (plus I had SpaceInvaderOne's video guide). There isn't an included conf file for SearXNG, so I've tried to build one based on NextCloud, but no matter what, the docker list always says the external port for SearXNG is 8080, whereas it's 443 for NextCloud.

I'm most definitely a novice when it comes to this stuff, so extrapolating from other things doesn't always go well. 😄 

If you used Swag, can I see what your nginx conf file looks like?

Thanks!