Parity Drive Failure?

Parity shows as not assigned in the diagnostics, probably disconnected and reconnected since SMART report is there and looks OK except for 76 CRC errors, which are connection issues.

And it looks like connection or controller issues has disabled the disk during parity rebuild.

Check connections, SATA and power, including splitters. Are you sure your controller has good cooling?

To get extended test to complete you will have to disable spindown on the disk.

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

Parity shows as not assigned in the diagnostics, probably disconnected and reconnected since SMART report is there and looks OK except for 76 CRC errors, which are connection issues.

And it looks like connection or controller issues has disabled the disk during parity rebuild.

Check connections, SATA and power, including splitters. Are you sure your controller has good cooling?

To get extended test to complete you will have to disable spindown on the disk.

thanks.  I removed the drive from the array and it's currently not assigned.  I'll update and shut down and check cables.  I'm due to clean the PC so maybe dust is causing issues.  will try all this and report back.  thanks!