Parity-sync when moving files in the same disk ?

Hi everyone. 

I change the directories of my data to have better organization. All data moved is in the SAME disk and I use Dynamix File Manager to move files from disk-to-disk (not disk-to-user or user-related to prevent cache detour). The moving speed is really slow,

56601915_Webcapture_3-7-2022_182159_.thumb.jpeg.25449621fcecb8f2b43f49a64d7e7e9c.jpeg

I check the array devices and it syncs parity during the move. 

1176761842_Webcapture_3-7-2022_182339_.thumb.jpeg.dfb5afc7ae744ec71fa3b7dc60ad8d94.jpeg

I'm a bit confused because I thought the data will be in the same bit location in the disk's plate anyway, it just changes the main directory and parity should not sync anything to slow down the move, and this move-in-the-same-disk should be very fast. Please correct me if I'm wrong and If this parity-sync and moving speed are by desire, how can I manage to improve ?

Thank you.

I have this same issue. I'm getting speeds as slow as 3 megabytes a second when moving files from one folder to another on the same disk. I love the Unraid operating system but the abysmal performance has me wishing I had the money to do a ZFS array on TrueNAS.  

Edited by MattB425
On 7/3/2022 at 8:25 PM, Ken.N said:

changes the main directory and parity should not sync anything

Parity has to at least get updated for the changed directories (repath) but shouldn't be as slow as actually copy to destination then delete from source. The directory information is part of the bits on the disk that parity has to stay in sync with.

Not sure if this plugin always does copy to destination then delete from source when moving or not.

Command line or Midnight Commander does this quickly (but parity still has to update for the repath or course)

• Like 1