Suggestion on Google Photos alternative

jmztaylor

I am moving away from Google services and looking for a replacement for google photos.  The only feature I need is auto sync.  Nextcloud and owncloud apps are garbage so those are not an option.  I don't need sharing or galleries or anything.  Just straight need sync to my server without nextcloud/owncloud bloat.

1 hour ago, jmztaylor said:

I am moving away from Google services and looking for a replacement for google photos.  The only feature I need is auto sync.  Nextcloud and owncloud apps are garbage so those are not an option.  I don't need sharing or galleries or anything.  Just straight need sync to my server without nextcloud/owncloud bloat.

Dude, i feel your pain.

We use Nextcloud at home to sync our 2 smartphones, a desktop and my parents' smartphones. It works well most of the time but i actually want to get rid of it and replace it with something simpler like 'File Browser' f.e. Anyway...

Before nextcloud, I used a free dropbox account and scheduled a 'move' script to move the synced images from the dropbox-share to the array. It worked very well and i regret the day i moved away from it.