UPnP Help -- ps3mediaserver (sending Alive...)

Hi all,

Still very much an UnRAID newbie looking for help on getting the xbox to see the unraid server (assuming i need UPnP).  I followed steps 1-4 from this post http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=3532.0 (i didnt think i needed to do the rest for international characters -- maybe im wrong). I am running unraid 4.7 and my other machine is osx

details:

I downloaded the mediatomb static binaries for i836 --

extracted --

copied the mediatomb folder to the flash drive (/volumes/UNRAID) --

added the "cd /boot/mediatomb

echo "./mediatomb.sh" | at now + 1 minute" to the go folder using textedit --

put the flash drive back in the server and booted it up --

I couldn't get the the mediatomb settings http://unraid-servers-ip:49152/ (tried ports 49152-49160) and I couldnt see the box from the video files area on the xbox either.

Any help is much appreciated! if this is in the wrong area to post this let me know. Thanks

Ok since I didn't seem to get any help with mediatomb I went the ps3mediaserver route. It seems to be working bc I startup the unraid box and I can browse my shares and play video from my xbox360.  So the issue now is when it starts up i never get to the tower login prompt and the screen keeps displaying "sending alive". I can login via the web manager but I can't stop the server or get to the powerdown. Thanks in advance if you know what I need to change/fix this

Reposting -- does anyone know where that command goes.. i replaced the last line which was the line to open the pms file with the echo and that didnt seem to work.

Thanks! This may be a dumb question, but does that line go at the end of the "go" file? Or does it replace a a specific line of the ps3ms section of the "go" file? Thanks again

This is my 'go' script, try that,

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

CTRLALTDEL=NO LOGSAVE=30 installpkg /boot/packages/powerdown-1.02-noarch-unRAID.tgz

sysctl -w kernel.poweroff_cmd="/sbin/powerdown"

echo "/sbin/powerdown" | at 01:00

echo "/boot/unmenu/uu" | at now + 1 minute

# PS3 Media Server

cd /boot/custom/ps3ms

installpkg jre-6u11-i586-1.tgz

cd /boot/custom/ps3ms/mencoder

installpkg *.tgz

cd /boot/custom/ps3ms

echo "./PMS.sh" | at now + 1 minute

Compass,

My GO script matches yours, the PS3 part does anyway, and it works fine for me as well. But having worked privately with the OP on this issue he claims it doesn't work for him.

The next idea was to just use: ./PMS.sh &

He says that works and he can get the Tower prompt but occasionally it will send an alive message. He's fine with that.