RetroNAS: Serving Game Backups to Retro Systems Using Centralized Storage

I just stumbled across something called RetroNAS recently.  It's an open source project to allow people to have an easier means of streaming their game backups from a centralized server to various game consoles & retro systems with network capability.  I personally love this idea since I think it is a better alternative to buying a larger storage media for each individual console or system.  Keeping storage at the console level also generally means having no parity protection which is a bummer.

I think the key selling point of RetroNAS is to simplify the setup of the various tools and protocols required to facilitate the communication between server and the various game consoles/systems however many of these protocols are older and insecure.  In this instance I think that keeping something like RetroNAS containerized would be preferable.  At the moment there is a lot of interest in getting this packaged up as a docker container for use on systems such as Unraid, QNAP, Synology however the developer for RetroNAS does not have personal experience with such systems.

Does anyone know how feasible it would be to make this as a container for Unraid?  For reference here is a link to the project on github along with a video introduction by RetroRGB:

Github: https://github.com/danmons/retronas

Youtube Video: 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...