Compatible 10GbE network controller card

I'm running a mellanox connectx-3 - not sure if you're looking for SFP+ or not, but it's been rock solid and can't beat the price off ebay for 10Gb.

edit: I now read GbE so i guess that may mean ethernet/rj45 but I'll leave this up in case it's helpful to someone.

Edited by _cjd_

Hello, thank you for your answer :-)
Yes it is RJ45.
The problem is that I'm always afraid that Unraid doesn't recognize the hardware.
I noticed that my small ITX motherboard doesn't allow adding a new network card, so I'm thinking of changing the motherboard and buying one with an integrated 10 GbE RJ45 network card.
I found this motherboard, ASRock W480 Creator.
It is quite expensive but it is one of the cheapest with 10 GbE integrated...

Hi, i'm using ASUS 10GB both rj45 and sfp+ and unraid as no problem with them... that is if my problem is not related to this card. well i have a different problem, i have a supemicro x9 and x10 model with both as 2 1Gb Nic on board. and i'm adding the Asus 10GB but i can't get it to work because unraid automatically make a routing Table for all the card and does not let me change the config, and not only the 10GB is not working but i loose all the card. is there any setup i should know about or manual config i can do, and if so how i do this ?

i have 3 unraid servers and 2 computer that i want to work on the 10GB network on a subnet 10.10.10.1/24 with no out connection to the net, it's for file transfer only.

firefox_LqkksKb9Cw.png

14 hours ago, AndreB said:

does not let me change the config

Because you miss that

image.png.8866bb74f5a80e2506e1f2703b9e236a.png

14 hours ago, AndreB said:

i have 3 unraid servers and 2 computer that i want to work on the 10GB network on a subnet 10.10.10.1/24 with no out connection to the net, it's for file transfer only.

Just direct connect both 10G NIC and static assign unity IP for both without gateway i.e. 10.10.10.1/24 10.10.10.2/24. (Make correction to IPv4 only)

image.png.9bcce3276ca8ff78cf4c17f7cc94b471.png

On 7/9/2022 at 12:53 PM, _cjd_ said:

I'm running a mellanox connectx-3 - not sure if you're looking for SFP+ or not, but it's been rock solid and can't beat the price off ebay for 10Gb.

edit: I now read GbE so i guess that may mean ethernet/rj45 but I'll leave this up in case it's helpful to someone.

I had issues with getting this to show up in the Interface List - does yours show up there? If so, did you do anything specific to get it there? I am trying to bind it to eth0 and running into this issue:

13 hours ago, Kyle Boddy said:

I had issues with getting this to show up in the Interface List - does yours show up there? If so, did you do anything specific to get it there? I am trying to bind it to eth0 and running into this issue:

I haven't tried to change the interface as I haven't found a good reason to do so - I use the onboard dual 1GbE as a bonded interface with one /24, and the 10Gb is eth2 on a different /24. Most operations are bandwidth limited by WAN connection speed and can not make use of the 10Gb speeds, and the bonded 1GbE is great here; everything that can do 10Gb is on that same /24 and through the same switch, so in my setup this works perfectly.

Edited by _cjd_