Log: PAM unable to dlopen

Johnny4233
Go to solution Solved by dlandon,

Jul 11 15:24:00 NASty atd[18576]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_unix.so): /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /lib64/libresolv.so.2)
Jul 11 15:24:00 NASty atd[18576]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib64/security/pam_unix.so
Jul 11 15:24:00 NASty atd[18576]: Module is unknown

Ich erhalte im Log sehr oft den oben genannten Eintrag. Was hat das zu bedeuten und wie kann ich das beheben? Reboot hat nicht geholfen.

Gruß

Jan

3 minutes ago, Johnny4233 said:
Jul 11 15:24:00 NASty atd[18576]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_unix.so): /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /lib64/libresolv.so.2)
Jul 11 15:24:00 NASty atd[18576]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib64/security/pam_unix.so
Jul 11 15:24:00 NASty atd[18576]: Module is unknown

Ich erhalte im Log sehr oft den oben genannten Eintrag. Was hat das zu bedeuten und wie kann ich das beheben? Reboot hat nicht geholfen.

Gruß

Jan

This is happening because the version og glibc is 2.33 in Unraid 6.10.  You can install UD Preclear that will update the glibc package or wait for 6.11-rc1.

5 minutes ago, dlandon said:

You can install UD Preclear that will update the glibc package

Did that allready.

Removed and installed the plugin again. the message apperas again.

So i think this message is not so terrible? i need to wait for Unraid 6.11-rc1?

Edited by Johnny4233

The problem is that a plugin you are using is depending on the glibc library installed in Unraid when it starts.  a Daemon?  When UD Preclear updates the glibc package, the daemon is losing access to the library it needs and then fails.

You have two options at this point:

• Don't install the UD Preclear plugin.
  • Upgrde to Unraid 6.11-rc1 that will be available soon.
6 hours ago, Johnny4233 said:

So i deleted the UD Preclear plugin. Reboot... Error does not come up and my userscript runs fine. Thank you.

What is the user scrpt that is causing this issue?

6 hours ago, Johnny4233 said:

I hope Unraid 6.11-rc1 fixes this

I expect it will because it has glibc 2.35 already installed and UD Preclear won't upgrade it.

5 minutes ago, dlandon said:

What is the user scrpt that is causing this issue

No I mean, any userscript did not run in background… in log it shows that it will execute it, but then the error message above appears and the script does not run. It’s a simple mounting script for unassigned devices… look at my other thread here. 

15 minutes ago, Johnny4233 said:

No I mean, any userscript did not run in background… in log it shows that it will execute it, but then the error message above appears and the script does not run. It’s a simple mounting script for unassigned devices… look at my other thread here. 

OK.  I see it now.