UnraId IP router :> Internal dockers/VM's ...

Go to solution Solved by Vr2Io,

Hi

This has probably been covered before, please point to thread of answer if possible, my

Knowledge is laking.

Note to forum mods : Please move to appropriate forum if this one is unsuitable plz thanks.

Running the latest version of Unraid

My question | - My  Unraid has a static IP : 192. x. x. 1 as probably all  Unraid servers are,

the problem I am running into is that, all the dockers have the same IP as the server but with a

obviously different port number.

I would like to run or route docker containers so they would each have there own different IP.

The reason is its very confusing for password managers they record(or mine does) the URL/IP

and the user and pass.

This idea would be or could be likened to an internal(Unraid) router. I have watched videos

and know you can route traffic from one container to another but this is not what iam after unless

it is a router-docker container like idea.

On a side note is there a way to give the Unraid server an https URL :>This I have not researched yet.

--

Steve

4 hours ago, Vr2Io said:

Docker app can set in different network mode, i.e. bridge / host / custom, I usually use custom and static the IP to docker, so I don't need care about port no.

Hi

Thanks Ile try that. I knew be an answer never thought be that simple, thanks

for the trick, ive been accepting the default's.

--

Steve

Edited by oOSGearOo
Spelling

Hi

This looks promising. The only thing is this is for internal use only in my case, although

I am sure their is a way of working it out. I have been watching a few spaceinvaderone videos

these are all mapping your public ip to an internal docker. There is one video of his I

have to track down, so will see.

--

Steve

Edited by oOSGearOo
23 hours ago, Vr2Io said:

Docker app can set in different network mode, i.e. bridge / host / custom, I usually use custom and static the IP to docker, so I don't need care about port no.

I had the same question and don't fully understand your reply. I too am using a custom docker network and setting static IP, but that static IP is within the Docker Network's subnet, so not directly reachable by my network. If I want to make it reachable I need to add port mappings to the docker config, which maps them back to the unRAID host IP address, so I am still limited to only having one system listening on any given port number.

Did I misunderstand something about your reply?

12 minutes ago, sphbecker said:

so not directly reachable by my network

It direct reachable by others in same subnet, if need host Unraid access, then you need enable host access.

12 minutes ago, sphbecker said:

If I want to make it reachable I need to add port mappings to the docker config,

Just opposite, I will remove all port parameter in docker config., When docker start, it will allocate the necessary port. As each docker have its IP, so no port will conflict each other.

Edited by Vr2Io
  • Upvote 1

Vr2Io is exactly right:

4 hours ago, Vr2Io said:

It direct reachable by others in same subnet, if need host Unraid access, then you need enable host access.

Settings - Docker

Turn Docker off - Apply

Host access to custom networks: Enabled

Turn Docker On - Apply

Figured that out today trying to do the exact same thing so that my wife doesn't have to input ports

Hi

I am still having bother with this, see post one here.

My research on the subject in video form, all seem to point

to SSL certificates and linking from the internet. This is not

my aim, I want to host this so this is on a local Lan only.

Iam trying to set up redirection on local lan : the weapon

off choice Nginxproxymanager hosted in docker on unraid.

I have this setup/installed but the items I put in do not seam

to be picked up in firefox on another computer on the local lan.

I am tring to link up address like http ://xxx.xxx.x.xx:8096/web/index.html#!/home.html

Yes that url is correct, I doctored it to hide the local Ip numbers only .

Any help greatly received. For great results a video on youtube or

similar to follow would be great.

--

Steve

Edited by oOSGearOo
  • 2 weeks later...