Windows 11 can't connect to unRAID Share

Having an odd issue, I've got 3 Win 10 Pro machines that are working fine.

And I have a Win 11 Pro notebook, that when I attempt to connect to a share on my unRaid system, says that the AD username/password is invalid.  I know the username/password is correct (triple checked it)

Verified that SMB 2/3 are enabled on the Win11 machine

On unRaid I have set in the SMB Extra's min protocol = SMB2

It's joined to my AD domain (the 3 Win10 Pro machines, are all AD joined, and map drives with no problem)

I'm just having issues with this one Win11 machine, anyone else having issues with Win 11?

Danilo

I just set up Unraid but all my machines are windows 11.  I am getting the same messages but i know my information is correct.  i don't have AD but mine is telling me i don't have permission to use this resource. i have verified i have no open shares.

1 hour ago, hlc387 said:

I just set up Unraid but all my machines are windows 11.  I am getting the same messages but i know my information is correct.  i don't have AD but mine is telling me i don't have permission to use this resource. i have verified i have no open shares.

Are the shares you want to access exported and public?  If the shares are public, the Windows way to access them is usually ./ as the username and just {enter} as the password.

image.png.e5e755d515b51e7b195e2d060a29c819.png

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Could your problem be related to this?

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/6103-intermittent-smb-issues-after-6102-upgrade-r2028/

There is a guide for setting Samba for use with Windows computers.  It seems to work well for those folks who are not using a AD setup.  You might want to read through it to see if you missed something when setting up the WIN11 computer.  (Disclosure: I have not upgraded to WIN11 yet...)   Here is the link to it:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/110580-security-is-not-a-dirty-word-unraid-windows-10-smb-setup/

Using a share security setting of 'Public' for a network is not really a good situation from a security standpoint.   'Secure' is a better option if 'guests' require access to files--- albeit, it is 'read-only' access.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm not sure if my problem is the same as everyone else - I had access to my server and shares through Windows 11 until about an hour ago, then without warning I lost access to the server. I got my access back (for now, will update if I lose it again) by doing the following:

1. Created a new user on the unraid server and assigned it a password
2. changed the share access to secure
3. mapped the share on windows 11 and used the new UN/PW combo I created

I was able to log into that share - I still don't have full access to the server like I did (still not sure what changed) but it's a work around if you need to access certain shares.

I hope this helps somebody!

4 minutes ago, guruhiten said:

I was able to log into that share - I still don't have full access to the server like I did (still not sure what changed) but it's a work around if you need to access certain shares.

Try creating a Windows Credential using    Credential Manager    for that new user and user password that you used for the mapped share.  (You may have to reboot the Windows computer to test...) 

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Try creating a Windows Credential using    Credential Manager    for that new user and user password that you used for the mapped share.  (You may have to reboot the Windows computer to test...) 

Thanks so much, this worked perfectly! I was assuming I could only use that profile for share I changed to public!

10 minutes ago, guruhiten said:

CRAP!  I forgot one thing!   Go to     SHARES    Then Click on each share tyou want to access with that user (that yoiu setup in the previous post:   Scroll down until you find these sections:

image.png.3a5318d4e21c96e225b984039bc19fcd.png

Step 1 ---  Set the Security you want for this share.  (You can click on "HELP" icon    image.png.010d6af7d7c6ba12ccaf91c261c0dc26.png  on the GUI taskbar for help with the settings!) 

Step 2-- Set the Access for that share for each user. 

Step 3-- Click "APPLY"

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

CRAP!  I forgot one thing!   Go to     SHARES    Then Click on each share tyou want to access with that user (that yoiu setup in the previous post:   Scroll down until you find these sections:

image.png.3a5318d4e21c96e225b984039bc19fcd.png

Step 1 ---  Set the Security you want for this share.  (You can click on "HELP" icon    image.png.010d6af7d7c6ba12ccaf91c261c0dc26.png  on the GUI taskbar for help with the settings!) 

Step 2-- Set the Access for that share for each user. 

Step 3-- Click "APPLY"

Thanks, I had already set that up as Secure.  I tried private, but that reverted back to me not being able to access the share.