Unraid won't boot

Hi!

I am using an old Asus Maximus IV Board with an i5-3xxx and want to run Unraid on it. Unfortunately I cant get Unraid to fully start up. The machine always stops at the same point (See screenshot). The last line is always "usb 4-1.3: reset superspeed USB device... "

I chose DHCP during creation of the USB drive, but I never detect the machine in the network.

Whats rrally weird, is that of I disconnect and reconnect the keyboard, it is detected and new text appears on the screen. But even after that no WebUI available.

What can I do to trouble shoot this?

Thanks in advance!

Heiko

PS I had OpenMediaVault running in this machine before and everything worked... IMG_20220716_144932.jpg

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

Okay, so I tried a couple of things. When I use another stick (Sandisk Ultra), Unraid will boot.

I was even able to boot from the Intenso-stick and when it stops loading swap the stick out with the Sandisk and it would continue to load and start Unraid.

Is there any way the get the Intenso Stick to work?

I bought it because it is so small and will just disappear in the back IO panel. The other Problem is, that I used the Sandisk before and can't use it for trial purposes any more...

(You have reached your limit on trial extensions, please consider purchasing a license)

3 hours ago, zAch523 said:

Is there any way the get the Intenso Stick to work?

Suggest don't waste time on that. I use Sandisk Cruzer fit USB 2.0 8GB always, not the plastic version in USB 3.0. Very cheap but somehow hard to found in smaller capacity.

3 hours ago, zAch523 said:

I used the Sandisk before and can't use it for trial purposes any more...

You can use it back if you ready to buy a licence.

image.thumb.png.86f7a7fd735a7c809099736d3c56d35e.png

Edited by Vr2Io

I just ended using another stick I had laying around and attached it to an internal usb via on of these PCI-slot brackets that I just leave laying around in the case for the moment. Thanks for the help though, I would have never blamed it on the stick 😅

image.png.1d497a59802a5ce75c9be0bedcb7cb7a.png