Is there a good way to reallocate data/space on disks?

I have four 6TB drives and a 12TB parity. My 6TB drives are nearly full (each between 5.5-5.75 used) and I have a new 12TB drive in the mail to me. Is there a way I can move some of the data from each 6TB drive to the 12TB drive so that they are not so close to maxed out? Maybe move like 2TB from each of the 6TB to the new 12TB drive.  If not, is there a way I can tell Unraid to stop adding data to the 6TB drives and only use the 12TB drive???

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Use the Unbalance plugin.  It will do what you need.

Thank You! I'm on 6.9.2 which has been very stable for me and I'm thinking of upgrading to 6.10.3. Do you think I should hold off, add the new drive, move all the data around, ect before upgrading? Or should I just go ahead and upgrade, make sure its stable, then change the drives and such? I wont get the new drive for a week or so, thought maybe I should go ahead and upgrade the OS while I'm waiting. Do you have any thoughts on that?

44 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Or should I just go ahead and upgrade, make sure its stable, then change the drives and such?

Personally, I think you are safe to do this.  It was a painless upgrade from 6.9.2 to 6.10.3 for me and it is very easy to roll back if you happen to encounter a problem.

• Like 1

One piece of advice... if unbalance gets stopped before it's finished, it leaves duplicate files in the original location, (It copies and then deletes. 

I screwed up and stopped it only to discover later that I had a HUGE amount of duplicate files afterwards) so don't try and cancel an unbalance session because it's taking to long.

I still use it but now I'm cautious.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Arbadacarba said:

One piece of advice... if unbalance gets stopped before it's finished, it leaves duplicate files in the original location, (It copies and then deletes. 

I screwed up and stopped it only to discover later that I had a HUGE amount of duplicate files afterwards) so don't try and cancel an unbalance session because it's taking to long.

I still use it but now I'm cautious.

Just to have a general idea, how much data were you moving and how long was it taking? If I'm moving 2TB between two drives should it move at the speed of the hardware or does unbalance slow it way down? I'll probably move 2TB at a time with total of moving 8TB.

Will that take hours, days, weeks???