General Help needed, multiple Tasks

Hi.

(I'm a pretty expierenced User, Just had to take a pretty long break due to health reasons. That's why I'm asking more general then specific questions)
After a pretty long time, I'm back doing maintenance on my Unraid Build and given, it's stil running 6.8.3 it is time and well needed. 
But I've got some issues or actually more asks, regarding the upgrade to 6.10.X:

First: Is Unraid stil having this issue with LSI HBA's and Seagate 8TB Drives?
The last time I, tried, to upgrade I had to rebuild my complete array due to this issue.

This is a pretty decent and good guide to fix it but I'd like to know If any of you had issues with it since?

Second: Are Eaton UPS's, Eco Or Pro, good with Unraid to use i.e, I think a lot of you recommend them for a reason, right? Or should I lookr for Line Interactive or Online UPS's? I'm just asking bc it is "only" for home use.

Third: I'm going to attach the diagnostics file, can any of you check the cache/SSD's in there? I know they are spitting out erros but I'd like to know how bad it is and IF I should replace them soon and, maybe, with what in particular?

Lastly, I know I have to do a lot of updates and also setting up Notifications, stil but I'm on it. I just need to fix the issue with the drives and the OS Versions first:D 

Thank you :)

server-diagnostics-20220719-1141.zip

Edited by deltaexray
Serial Number:    S62BNZ0R508946D
SMART Extended Self-test Log Version: 1 (1 sectors)
Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
# 2  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       90%      3076         348367256

replace

run extended SMART test on the other

First of all: Thanks for taking a look at it :)

I did what u asked and it didn't even run a short Smart Test, nevermind an Extended One. So I think that drive is dead or close to it.

Besides, Quick question: Is it common that Plex writes data to the Cache all the time? At least something is writing to the Cache all the time, roughly 2 to 7 mbit per disk and I don't think any drive will survive this in the long term?
What kind of Cache do you have?

5 hours ago, deltaexray said:

upgrade to 6.10.X

Might want to take a look here:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Release_Notes

1 hour ago, deltaexray said:

something is writing to the Cache all the time

A lot of discussion about this but it's been a while.

Google

unraid excessive cache writes

You may have to read into some of those threads, here is the first result when I search that.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I need another look at this:

Today, I started my server after a week long down time due to energy issues in my area, so far so good. When it first booted, everything seemed fine until I noticed how "laggy" accessing the shares over the network was. Also copying to them didn't worked so I thought: Hey, maybe time for a reboot.
Well, long story short: I got stuck while rebooting and so I had to shut it down, the dirty way.
Up on restarting it, Unraid showed me the Error of "USB drive is not read-write" in complete red. Since then, nothing worked.

Pulling the USB out and putting in a Windows machine and trying to fix it also didn't work.

So: Do I have to replace in order to get it backup and running or what are u guys thinking?

I stil need to aply the fix for the drives in order to get to 6.9.x or 6.10.x, otherwise it's not possible to uprgade now. Also I need to replace the Cache so this has happend at the worst point:D

Edit: I replaced the USB, it works now. Thank you :)

Edited by deltaexray
Edit
  • 4 weeks later...

So I might need a different perspective on this one: I got myself and Eaton Eclipse 650 Din UPS for the Server. Connected it, instantly reconnized it thru the built in UPS Deamon, works well and does what it's suppose to be doing.
But I've got an issue with my sleep settings: Everytime the Machine is sent into sleep mode, it wakes up 5 seconds after and continues to run til the next sleep attemp 5 min later. And it keeps happening until it's either past the sleep time or I manually shut it down.

Anyone might have a guess why the UPS is now causing it to not go to sleep? It did work perfectly well when it was plugged directly into wallpower

P:S: I'm stil on 6.8.3 so it might have something to do with that?