Network card ASUS XG-C100C

zfrenchy

47 minutes ago, zfrenchy said:

I want 100% confirmation this 10GB PCIe network card will work with UNRAID 6.10.3 before I ordered it (bought other brand card, didn't work)

The ASUS driver page said Linux kernel 3.10-5.11, Unraid 6.10.3 is kernel 5.15.46.

Have a look here looks like it is fine with Unraid

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased  ASUS XG-C100C from amazon and installed it on my Unraid running version 6.10.3 and noticed that card does not get detected.

There are no lights or anything. Under network settings there is only eth0 and I don' t see eth01.

Just to make sure nic actually works, I installed it on my windows 10 machine and confirmed its detected and working (after installing drivers). 

So card works with windows but do i need to somehow install drivers on unraid for this card?

Edited by SamF

Thanks JorgeB. Unfortunately I only have one slot to play with :(

But based on a few other threads, I ended up ordering this from ebay https://www.ebay.ca/itm/234688389592  and it just arrived and it works.

This was plug an play as all I did was turn unraid off. Install new NIC and move ethernet cable from mother board port to new NIC. Start unraid and i can log in. 

As for the Asus, I'll install it on my windows machine again and test out and see how reliable it is. 

Appreciate the time and help. Thanks again.

On 9/19/2022 at 3:06 PM, SamF said:

I recently purchased  ASUS XG-C100C from amazon and installed it on my Unraid running version 6.10.3 and noticed that card does not get detected.

There are no lights or anything. Under network settings there is only eth0 and I don' t see eth01.

Just to make sure nic actually works, I installed it on my windows 10 machine and confirmed its detected and working (after installing drivers). 

So card works with windows but do i need to somehow install drivers on unraid for this card?

I just updated my unRaid server to this card last week and it's detected and working for me on the latest official 6.10.3 series. I have it set as eth0 and marked all the other nice as down. No issues that I can see yet.

Sounds like you got a bad card.

Edited by BRiT
  • 5 weeks later...