catasphocis error when adding files

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

good evening,

filled my drives/share, and stop the array to add a hard drive that was excluded from the share. (which i realize after i didn't need to do) restarted the  array and now a cache drive is missing. i also have a parity drive missing but i am aware of that as my hard rives have an issue with my lsi controller.

my docker is no longer start and i can add any data because when attempt to i receive a catastrophic error.

also, i am looking to do a case/mb swap to resolve my parity issue, in the mean time i would like to know how to continue with out data loss given my current error.

thank you!

nastradamus-diagnostics-20220721-0428.zip

ok wasn't expecting anything like that, i assumed i would be deleting data or changing values since it was full. i did my research to built this almost three years ago. it seems i have forgotten a lot of the basic things. however, if i am understanding you correctly, i need to remove one cable from my BPN-SAS2-836EL1 and/or add another HBA/LSI controller to the second cable.

2 minutes ago, Olymoly said:

i need to remove one cable from my BPN-SAS2-836EL1 and/or add another HBA/LSI controller to the second cable.

EL1 is a single expander backplane, took another look and you have two HBAs, so looks like you have both connected to the same expander, use just one, you can connect both cables form one HBA to the expander for increased bandwidth, but don't connect two HBAs to the same expander, that can be done for redundancy when supported by the OS, Unraid doesn't not support that.

• Solution

OK, logs is clean now, first lets cancel the btrfs balance, to do that:

mkdir /temp
mount -o skip_balance /dev/sdj1 /temp

If mount is successful type:

btrfs balance cancel /temp

then

umount /temp

Now unassign cache1, start array, stop array, re-assign both cache devices, start array and post new diags.

thanks you, im going start to unbalnce the drives back to 80% as i was in the middle of including a new drive.

i tried to look up scrubbing etc as the terms you mentioned were over my head.

giv4n the current state would it be safe to do a mb swap before i do this, or after? i would like to also fic my parity situation while doing any other data integrity check.

3 minutes ago, Olymoly said:

i tried to look up scrubbing etc as the terms you mentioned were over my head.

Click on cache and there will be a scrub option, need to scroll down.

4 minutes ago, Olymoly said:

giv4n the current state would it be safe to do a mb swap before i do this, or after?

Should be safe before, but I would recommend after just in case there are some unexpected issues.

scrub and read check all passed with no errors, i added an 8tb drive and i've been moving data to allow for 10% free peace across all disks.

question, my vms tab says "libvirt" service failed to start. do you know or see anything in the diagnostics that would cause this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do:

Jul 26 03:30:12 Nastradamus emhttpd: shcmd (36814): /usr/local/sbin/mount_image '/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img' /etc/libvirt 1
Jul 26 03:30:13 Nastradamus kernel: sd 7:0:7:0: [sdi] tag#520 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x00 driverbyte=0x08
Jul 26 03:30:13 Nastradamus kernel: sd 7:0:7:0: [sdi] tag#520 Sense Key : 0x3 [current]
Jul 26 03:30:13 Nastradamus kernel: sd 7:0:7:0: [sdi] tag#520 ASC=0x11 ASCQ=0x0
Jul 26 03:30:13 Nastradamus kernel: sd 7:0:7:0: [sdi] tag#520 CDB: opcode=0x28 28 00 00 27 fe a0 00 00 20 00
Jul 26 03:30:13 Nastradamus kernel: print_req_error: critical medium error, dev sdi, sector 2621088
Jul 26 03:30:13 Nastradamus kernel: BTRFS: device fsid c5bc54e2-9593-41d2-b010-1527e11dbd61 devid 1 transid 162 /dev/loop3
Jul 26 03:30:13 Nastradamus kernel: BTRFS info (device loop3): disk space caching is enabled
Jul 26 03:30:13 Nastradamus kernel: BTRFS info (device loop3): has skinny extents
Jul 26 03:30:13 Nastradamus kernel: BTRFS error (device loop3): bad tree block start, want 30883840 have 0

It suggests a device problem, please post new diags after rebooting and starting the array to confirm it's the same issue.

12 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Docker image is corrupt, you need to delete and re-create, before doing that run a scrub on the pool and make sure all errors are corrected, no signs of a device problem that I can see, at least in these diags.

ran the scrub with correction, before i continue anything else i need to do to make sure all errors are corrected?

Screenshot 2022-07-30 165623.png