Latest release breaks My Servers (2022.07.26.1609)

Go to solution Solved by ljm42,

16 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Hmm. Can you show me a screenshot of what happens when you try to collect diagnostics using the webgui?

Also, what happens if you run this in a web terminal:

diagnostics

Via the web-terminal it creates a diagnostics-file, but if I use the the "tool" it doen't create a file.

The file ending in 35 is the one created via web-terminal, the one ending in 41 just doesn't get created.

unraid-diagnostics-20220727-1935.zip

Diagnostics.PNG

Edited by Koenig
27 minutes ago, Koenig said:

The file ending in 35 is the one created via web-terminal, the one ending in 41 just doesn't get created.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is causing the issue with diagnostics, but your syslog is full of messages like this:

PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_unix.so): /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /lib64/libresolv.so.2)

This is caused by the UD Preclear plugin:
https://forums.unraid.net/topic/120567-unassigned-devices-preclear-a-utility-to-preclear-disks-before-adding-them-to-the-array/page/6/#comment-1147509

Please remove that plugin (and reboot, if you can) then try gathering diagnostics again. If it still fails from the webgui, I'd appreciate seeing fresh diagnostics from the command line after a reboot (so all of those GLIBC errors won't be there). 

EDIT: After reading further on the preclear thread, it looks like you need to reboot after installing the latest version of UD Preclear. So please go ahead and reboot to solve the GLIBC errors, then try gathering diagnostics from the webgui again.  If it still fails from the webgui, I'd appreciate seeing fresh diagnostics from the command line after a reboot (so all of those GLIBC errors won't be there). 

Actually, another reason to reboot is to confirm that the unraid-api gets reinstalled correctly

28 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is causing the issue with diagnostics, but your syslog is full of messages like this:

PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_unix.so): /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /lib64/libresolv.so.2)

This is caused by the UD Preclear plugin:
https://forums.unraid.net/topic/120567-unassigned-devices-preclear-a-utility-to-preclear-disks-before-adding-them-to-the-array/page/6/#comment-1147509

Yes, I was aware of this and was thinking of mentioning it, I just hadn't rebooted due to an ongoing parity-check.

The parity-check was on 96% or something like that so I "forced" it, and I have now rebooted.

Guess what....

It now works to create the diagnostics via the "Tools".

EDIT: I would like to give a big thanks to you guys, this community is amazing!!

unraid-diagnostics-20220727-2024.zip

Edited by Koenig
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Koenig said:

It now works to create the diagnostics via the "Tools".

Woohoo! And I see that the unraid-api is running fine, you didn't have to do anything manually for that right?

I'm wondering if the GLIBC error is the root cause of the unraid-api install issue too. Will need to see if other folks report the same.

1 minute ago, ljm42 said:

Woohoo! And I see that the unraid-api is running fine, you didn't have to do anything manually for that right?

No that diagnostics was the second thing I did with the server after the reboot. (the first thing was to start the VM "Daily-driver", via my mobile phone, wich is my "daily-use-computer")

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, go69cars said:

I'm having this same issue as the other posters.  

Where do I run the fix posted earlier

Do you have the UD Preclear plugin installed?  If so, there was a recent update that requires a reboot (unrelated to the My Servers plugin). Please reboot your server and let me know if that solves the issue.

I was having the same problem with my two Unraid servers after the last update but running the api install command fixed it. Both servers are now reporting properly.

/etc/rc.d/rc.unraid-api install

ls -al /usr/local/bin/unraid-api/
total 110688
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root       180 Jul 29 09:16 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root       220 Jul 29 09:16 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root       203 Jul 29 09:16 .env
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root       203 Oct 26  1985 .env.production
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root       217 Oct 26  1985 .env.staging
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      1496 Oct 26  1985 README.md
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root        80 Jul 29 09:16 build
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      8671 Oct 26  1985 package.json
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 113314872 Oct 26  1985 unraid-api

@jeremy.markel @autumnwalker Do you have the UD Preclear plugin installed?  If so, you probably need to reboot your server to resolve GLIBC error messages that are likely in your syslog.

To the next person who finds this thread - if you have the UD Preclear plugin installed, please reboot BEFORE running any extra commands. I need to know if that reboot is enough to solve the problem :) thanks! 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ljm42 said:

To the next person who finds this thread - if you have the UD Preclear plugin installed, please reboot BEFORE running any extra commands. I need to know if that reboot is enough to solve the problem :) thanks! 

Hi @ljm42, I can confirm that solution. I have the UD Preclear plugin, and had the same issue as Koenig (the MyServers window was telling me to update the plugin, after I had already updated it). A reboot this morning has solved it. I didn't need to run any commands. Cheers!

• Like 1
On 7/27/2022 at 6:12 PM, ljm42 said:

@CorvinusLucian @Koenig Thanks to you both.  Would you please run this:

and grab the results, then run this:

unraid-api report

(note: that second command will clear the screen, so you need to grab the results before running it)

@ljm42

Thanks! I've been having the same issue and this solved it for me also. 

Edited by Kratos_
  • Like 1
On 7/27/2022 at 1:12 PM, ljm42 said:

@CorvinusLucian @Koenig Thanks to you both.  Would you please run this:

and grab the results, then run this:

unraid-api report

(note: that second command will clear the screen, so you need to grab the results before running it)

I had the issue and this command was able to resolve it cleanly, though it took several seconds for the UI to realize that the service was working.  I do get a DNS error on the plugins settings panel of the app though, even though it resolves just fine.  My servers also says that I have been online for 21 days, even though it's been in an error status for longer than that, and I just fixed it now.  

Using the diagnostics command from GUI creates a hung window

Using the diagnostics command from terminal creates a hung terminal

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dyanmix/scripts/# php -f diagnostics generated a logfile, which is attached.

image.png.50287765a34d01855f93cbbb74190d60.png

image.thumb.png.dc70c7533d85fbeb0cd481fc5c19c285.pngtower-diagnostics-20220731-1959.zip

I've had the same issue - and after reviewing the thread - I did the reboot prior to anything else.

This did in fact resolve things and everything is reporting back online.  Preclear was installed and upgraded recently (must have missed the reboot requirement.)

Cheers

• Like 1

Thank you @stor44 and @snootched for confirming that a reboot resolved all the problems without running any commands!

@Kratos_ and @Vyressi I'm guessing you have the UD Preclear plugin installed. That plugin was updated recently and requires a reboot. So in addition to (or instead of) running any commands please reboot your server. That will resolve the other issues you are seeing such as not being able to download diagnostics.

• Like 1