Set Up VPN with LinuxServer.io's QbitTorrent Container on Unraid

Go to solution Solved by wgstarks,

Hello - I was wondering if anyone had a tutorial on how to setup a VPN (in this case, PIA) with a LinuxServer container such as Qbittorrent (lscr.io/linuxserver/qbittorrent).

I know there is a Binhex container for QbittorrentVPN but I would like to learn how to use a third-party VPN (i.e. PIA / NordVPN / Mullvad etc.) to integrate with various containers that don't have VPN built in (because eventually i will want to setup VPN-only access for a bunch of containers though first priority is just getting my qbittorrent client setup).

I asked in the LinuxServer discord and they pointed me towards this link but i don't really follow it at all as it relates to how to replicate this functionality with the built-in Unraid GUI (i.e. VPN Manager in settings or editing linuxserver's qbit container variables). I also want to make sure the qbit interface is bound to the VPN so there is no potential for leak of my existing IP (i.e. fullproof from getting notices from ISP).

Anyone have a tutorial on how to get VPN working on non-binhex related containers like LinuxServer's Qbittorrent?

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 10/13/2022 at 4:21 PM, wherzwaldo93 said:

Currently going through this process and tried everything I found in many different forums but nothing seems to work. Finally have qBit passed through nordVPN and can even get the UI to open now, but all downloads error out at start.

I'm seeing the same issue. Can see a list of peers but connections can't be established. Is there a log that can be enabled in qbittorrent to identify why or maybe a bash command in the docker container I could run to check?
I'm assuming it's maybe that UDP and TCP port 6881 in the qbittorrent docker config aren't able to work through the VPN Manager's wireguard config as a regular wireguard docker with qbittorrent works fine. @bonienl any thoughts?