Pro License Upgrade Cost using 30% discount Downsides?

Go to solution Solved by SpencerJ,

TL;DR

1. Purchase license now, activate later (when ready?)
  2. Downside to upgrading Basic > Pro?

Are there any downside to purchasing a basic license and then upgrading to pro?

I can save $14.70 going from basic to pro it seems.

https://unraid.net/upgrade-sale

I have no intention of purchasing any other license than Pro.

I want to take advantage of the sale before it ends at midnight.

Still, seems silly to not offer a discount without upgrade when upgrading (might, hence my question) does the same thing.

I presume the only downside is two license keys and two purchase receipt emails?

---

I have 8 days left on my trial, and the server is running fairly well. I have plenty still to do. But I am very happy with the setup thus far.
I really like Unraid community, plugins/apps/dockers/support, adding drives slowly, etc. I also love the cost model, one and done. My favorite. I'd do anything for not not having SAAS, I freaking hate that stuff. I know it's better for company's cash flow. But I am so thankful for that model. Thank you Lime Tech.

I wasn't intending on licensing it yet because I wanted to have it setup the way I wanted and then transfer to the new USB drive. [As I feel like the licensing only works on one flash drive and I don't want to license this flash drive; I'd rather transfer it. But I also want to test out the new flash drive, etc. I don't know what to do.]

Can I purchase the licenses now and 'activate' them later?

• Solution
7 hours ago, NathanR said:

TL;DR

1. Purchase license now, activate later (when ready?)
  2. Downside to upgrading Basic > Pro?

Are there any downside to purchasing a basic license and then upgrading to pro?

I can save $14.70 going from basic to pro it seems.

https://unraid.net/upgrade-sale

I have no intention of purchasing any other license than Pro.

I want to take advantage of the sale before it ends at midnight.

Still, seems silly to not offer a discount without upgrade when upgrading (might, hence my question) does the same thing.

I presume the only downside is two license keys and two purchase receipt emails?

---

I have 8 days left on my trial, and the server is running fairly well. I have plenty still to do. But I am very happy with the setup thus far.
I really like Unraid community, plugins/apps/dockers/support, adding drives slowly, etc. I also love the cost model, one and done. My favorite. I'd do anything for not not having SAAS, I freaking hate that stuff. I know it's better for company's cash flow. But I am so thankful for that model. Thank you Lime Tech.

I wasn't intending on licensing it yet because I wanted to have it setup the way I wanted and then transfer to the new USB drive. [As I feel like the licensing only works on one flash drive and I don't want to license this flash drive; I'd rather transfer it. But I also want to test out the new flash drive, etc. I don't know what to do.]

Can I purchase the licenses now and 'activate' them later?

Hey there, 

You would need to purchase and upgrade to Pro before the window closes. You can’t purchase an upgrade and activate later. 

This promo was aimed at current users, hence the Pro upgrades only being a part of it but this does not preclude new users from taking part. 

I can’t see any other downsides other than potential other sales down the road. 

Thanks very much for trying us out and welcome to the community. 

Hi Spencer,

Good copy, thank you.

I am now the proud owner of Pro :)

I am excited for what the future holds!

1 hour ago, SpencerJ said:

Hey there, 

You would need to purchase and upgrade to Pro before the window closes. You can’t purchase an upgrade and activate later. 

This promo was aimed at current users, hence the Pro upgrades only being a part of it but this does not preclude new users from taking part. 

I can’t see any other downsides other than potential other sales down the road. 

Thanks very much for trying us out and welcome to the community. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1