One Router, two server with Port 80/443 not possible?

ebusynsyn

Hi, I'm brand new here and have only had Unraid installed on my Intel NUC i7 for 2 days.

I already have 2 Docker (Nginx, Flame) and a VM (Ubuntu Server 22.04) running. On it Bitwarden/Vaultwarden with a SelfSignedCert.

Everything is running satisfactorily. I will look further into Unraid and try one or the other.

I have an ambiguity regarding my router settings. The two ports 80 and 443 routes to my Synology Nas. But if I understood unraid correctly, the ports 80/443 should point to unraid.

As far as I know, behind a router only one server can be addressed with 80/443.

Is there any trick/workaround to run 2 servers behind my router (from ISP, not very flexible)?

Best regards from Switzerland
Eric

If you want to host several websites behind one WAN IP, you must forward the dedicated port to a reverse proxy like Nginx, then proceed to assign different domain name to each reachable host.

Once the hosts named with a public domain name, set them into Nginx that will redirect the requests according to the desired domain name.

With an image

MYDOMAIN.COM -----> WAN ROUTER IP -----> PORT 80/443 FORWARDED TO NGINX -----> PRIVATE HOST FOR MYDOMAIN.COM

-----> PRIVATE HOST FOR MYDOMAIN2.COM

• 2 weeks later...