[SUPPORT] Ahmad's Templates

I'm creating and maintaining a bunch of templates mainly around web development tools.

GitHub Templates Repository: https://github.com/ahmadnassri/unraid-templates/

Edited by Ahmad
correct repo link
On 8/6/2022 at 3:34 AM, fornol said:

Hi,

There seems to be an error in plugin:

/usr/local/bin/start-vscode: line 6: VSCODE_SERVE_MODE: unbound variable

Prevents to start docker.

I've created the VSCODR_SERVER_MODE with the value: serve-local and the container started without problem

oops, apologies for this, corrected the issue in the template: https://github.com/ahmadnassri/unraid-templates/commit/78c883529bb063681ca527e6792f9307c54c8d37 the next refresh of CA Community Applications will surface this fix, in the meantime: as @resuarezsaid, adding a variable named VSCODR_SERVER_MODE with value set to "local" will allow it to run properly.

note: this is in prep to allow the container to run as a remote target for vscode.dev (vs. local), however this is currently nonfunctional due to an issue: https://github.com/microsoft/vscode-remote-release/issues/7018

14 hours ago, ALERT said:

same error for me. can you describe the difference between serve modes local and remote?

"local": runs completely independently, locally on your unraid

"remote": allows the container to act as a remote target for vscode.dev, however, this is behind a beta invite for now, and as per previous post, is not functional due to an issue with vscode-server itself, and awaiting Microsoft to address my ticket.

for now stick to "local" until I announce it fully functional.

• Ahmad changed the title to [SUPPORT] Ahmad's Templates
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/13/2023 at 8:20 AM, Ahmad said:

are you referring to vscode?

you should be able to login with your Github / Microsoft accounts.

I think he meant when pulling up the GUI to enter a password of some sort like some of the the Open-VSCode ones do.   What is the  passkey for in the config by the way, I did think that was for some sort of GUI Passcode to be able to access?  

13 hours ago, manolodf said:

What is the passkey for in the config by the way

The passkey is used in the `gnome-keyring-daemon` to remember your vscode login credentials for the settings sync feature between container runs.

see code here:

https://github.com/ahmadnassri/docker-vscode-server/blob/889626ddb47c0c9f23cb30b6cf4f94cd555568c2/src/start-vscode#L9

see info on settings sync here:
https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/settings-sync

Edited by Ahmad

Not sure if you have seen the Linuxserver version of code-server. I think that is what the other user was referring to in terms of a password on a splash screen. I just switched to yours because it’s frankly better since I can run all extensions but the password protection would be a bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, manolodf said:

Not sure if you have seen the Linuxserver version of code-server

indeed I have (and used it for a bit), though that one is NOT the official VS-Code and hence it doesn't have the full extensions functionality as you indicated, hence why I made this one.

I don't plan on adding functionality beyond what the official image provides, so things like password protection can be achieved with a reverse proxy like Authelia and SWAG: https://www.linuxserver.io/blog/2020-08-26-setting-up-authelia

Edited by Ahmad
  • 5 weeks later...

I wanted to see if you could help me get my local Unraid Time within code-server, or to set a time.   I tried mapping /etc/localtime and that did not seem to work, and the timedatectl did not seem to work also.  

Is there an argument or parameter I can pass through to assign my timezone so that when testing a python script within code-server it has my correct timezone instead of UTC? 

33 minutes ago, Ahmad said:

have you tried the TZ environment variable?

it might need adding the tzdata package to the image to work, I haven't tried it.

give it a try and open a pull request if it works?

I tried adding the TZ Variable within unraid and applied, and same result, still showing UTC time for me when running python script. 

image.thumb.png.ef6361b750e3f15ef1f0a165db0dbd35.png

5 hours ago, Ahmad said:

just published a new version 1.4.0 that supports TZ env, also upgrade to ubuntu:23.04

cheers.

Awesome that got the timezone result!  Maybe the ubuntu upgrade is what gave an error when doing "pip3 install requests" that used to work and had to change it.  But definitely getting the desired timezone!  Thanks!

image.thumb.png.22b46ae4c5c3bde22070d51e317cdf51.png

• 4 months later...

Getting the error
/usr/local/bin/code-server: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/usr/local/bin/code-server: line 1: `<!DOCTYPE html>'
/usr/local/bin/code-server: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/root/.cache/keyring-GPKSC2
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/root/.cache/keyring-GPKSC2/ssh
No init file configured, skipping...
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/root/.cache/keyring-VZ6TC2
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/root/.cache/keyring-VZ6TC2/ssh
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/root/.cache/keyring-IKAGC2
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/root/.cache/keyring-IKAGC2/ssh
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/root/.cache/keyring-YZ7GC2
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/root/.cache/keyring-YZ7GC2/ssh
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/root/.cache/keyring-CEU9C2
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/root/.cache/keyring-CEU9C2/ssh

On 10/24/2023 at 9:02 AM, nedbrew99 said:

Getting the error
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/root/.cache/keyring-GPKSC2
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/root/.cache/keyring-GPKSC2/ssh
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/root/.cache/keyring-VZ6TC2
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/root/.cache/keyring-VZ6TC2/ssh
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/root/.cache/keyring-IKAGC2
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/root/.cache/keyring-IKAGC2/ssh
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/root/.cache/keyring-YZ7GC2
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/root/.cache/keyring-YZ7GC2/ssh
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/root/.cache/keyring-CEU9C2
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/root/.cache/keyring-CEU9C2/ssh

Try forcing version 1.4.0 and see if it works for you, I believe I had the same issue when I updated the docker. 

• 2 months later...

I'm currently using code-server but I would love to use this image instead since I could use the official extensions from ms. 
 Version 1.4.0 works as previously stated but my github login does not persists even if just reloading the browser tab.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...