"Array Stopped•stale configuration" -- emhttpd wrong about array status?

TML
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Running unRAID 6.10.3, had a power outage event which exceeded UPS uptime. When I got home and restored power, unRAID came back up but appears to be in a confused state. The array is started, I can access shares from other machines, but the Web GUI thinks the array is stopped and the configuration is stale and will not allow me to perform any array management.

Diagnostics attached.

juggernaut-diagnostics-20220802-1704.zip

2 hours ago, TML said:

a power outage event which exceeded UPS uptime

You should configure UPS to shutdown after a short time without power.

The purpose of UPS isn't to allow your server to run for a long time without power. The purpose of UPS is to allow your server to run if power is off for a very brief time, and to allow your server to shutdown cleanly if your power is off for a slightly longer time. You don't want to drain your UPS battery, and you don't want to restart your server on an UPS that doesn't have enough power to allow clean shutdown.

Haven't looked at diagnostics yet. Close all browser tabs accessing your server on every device, and access it from a new browser session. See if that makes any difference.

Closed all browsers, started a new Firefox profile and logged in, no change.

I had two 14TB parity drives (you can still see them attached in the Unassigned Devices section); I just switched over to 16TB parity drives, one of them finished building and is assigned as parity, the other was building when the power outage happened.

I haven't yet figured out a way to automate the shutdown of my unRAID when it's on UPS, but I appreciate the advice.