weird missing files 6.10.3

So I have some music files that Lidarr recognises as present, which Plex can play and which I can see using Krusader, but a lot of these album folders or directories are invisible over my network. So far - just as an example of what's happening - a folder that I know contains 15 albums from a particular artist shows as only containing one album when viewing the share over SMB - the other 14 album folders being essentially invisible, except when I use Krusader.

So I can't play them or copy them by using a local music player pointed at my data/media/music folder on unraid. The player can of course play the audio files in the folders it CAN see.

While I've identified this as a problem with one artist I suspect there could be many more "invisible" directories  where any given artist has some albums missing when viewing shares over the network and there would seem to be a weird permissions problem going on?

Could someone please walk me through what I should do? I have checked the permissions of these "invisible over the network" album folders with Krusader and I can't see anything obviously wrong. My /data share over SMB is public

This is NOT a Lidarr problem, or a Plex problem or a Krusader problem - they all work perfectly well, which is why I posted in the general support forum. It could be a weird SMB and MacOS thing I suppose?

Thanks Julian

Edited by awediohead
added unraid version
  • awediohead changed the title to weird missing files 6.10.3

I think I may have figured this out - I noticed I had two folders for the artist, one called Artist and the other ARTIST - these having been automatically generated from metadata by Lidarr. Having deleted the Artist folder in Krusader the ARTIST folder which had previously only shown itself to contain one album suddenly showed itself to contain all 15 album folders (visible via Krusader) via SMB.

If anyone cares to explain why this happened - I'm always happy to learn. I'll wait a day before marking this solved just in case someone cares to explain?

Thanks

2 hours ago, awediohead said:

If anyone cares to explain why this happened

Linux is case sensitive, ARTIST and Artist are two different items, and can coexist without a problem.

SMB as configured in Unraid to avoid other issues is case insensitive, those two items are seen as identical, so only the first occurrence is shown, any duplicates are hidden.