Red X on drive 4 after parity check - error code: aborted

They are all on this controller?

01:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller [1b4b:9230] (rev 11)
	Subsystem: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller [1b4b:9230]

We usually don't recommend Marvell but if it has been working maybe OK.

Have you recently enabled VT-d ? That sometimes breaks things with Marvell.

11 hours ago, trurl said:

You might want to replace that controller before upgrading. Marvell are notorious for neglecting their Linux drivers.

is there a new link with directions to either replace the existing hard drive or try to see if it comes back online - it looks like this has happened before to me and someone posted a link with instructions but the old link give a 404 error now 

thank you, so I ordered this - I have yet to touch my server since I dont want it to crap out - I have also ordered an HGST Ultrastar (HUS726060ALE610) 6TB as while I'm doing all this upgrading I would like to upgrade my Parity drive to 6tb as I understand this will allow me to increase my allottable drive size in the array. sorry if this is bothersome but I do apricate your help  

thanks Ill let you know when the controller arrives - in the mean time should I just leave the server running , spin down the drives, or stop the array or leave well enough alone until the controller arrives   

asm1064.jpg

11 minutes ago, thearttist said:

sorry for the noob question but is it just a matter of powering down the unit and installing the new controller or do have have to keep the sata cables in a certain order?

The SATA cable order is irrelevant as Unraid recognises disks by their serial numbers.   If the news card reports serial numbers the same as the old one then everything  should ‘just work’.   If they are reported differently then s bit more is required (check back here if necessary).