i225-v NIC stops working when starting array

Go to solution Solved by SimonF,

Hey everyone,

I just migrated to a new system and moved my drives and stuff into it.

I have a z590 board with a 10th gen Intel CPU. Onboard NIC is a 2,5GbE i225-V. When I boot the system the webinterface is working normally. But if I start my array, the connection to the webinterface drops and does not work anymore. When I check "ifconfig", eth0 is missing and I cant start it with "ifconfig eth0 up" either. So the server completely loses connectivity and pings etc. also don't work. GUI mode works though, but that doesn't have Internet anyways.

I tried deleting /boot/config/network.cfg but that didn't help either.

I am using Unraid 6.10.3.

Thanks in advance!

centauri-diagnostics-20220805-0018.zip

Edited by requiRe
add diagnostics
  • Solution
6 minutes ago, requiRe said:

Hey everyone,

I just migrated to a new system and moved my drives and stuff into it.

I have a z590 board with a 10th gen Intel CPU. Onboard NIC is a 2,5GbE i225-V. When I boot the system the webinterface is working normally. But if I start my array, the connection to the webinterface drops and does not work anymore. When I check "ifconfig", eth0 is missing and I cant start it with "ifconfig eth0 up" either. So the server completely loses connectivity and pings etc. also don't work. GUI mode works though, but that doesn't have Internet anyways.

I tried deleting /boot/config/network.cfg but that didn't help either.

I am using Unraid 6.10.3.

Thanks in advance!

Do you have VMs that start automatically could pci ids have change and the wrong address is mapped to the vm?

6 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Do you have VMs that start automatically could pci ids have change and the wrong address is mapped to the vm?

Yup, that was it. Didn't remember I had something passed through to a VM, but I did. Stopping the VM from auto-start and then cleaning the PCI devices did the job. Thank you!

• Like 1